Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IPAD RIGHTS AND PERMISSION

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IPAD RIGHTS AND PERMISSION

Posted Oct 21, 2013 03:15 PM

Hi,

i have a customer is a school with 380 ipad,.

They want controll the APPs of all the students ipads, they want block the updates of ipads to itunes, they want to diferentiate teachers ipads and students ipads and give diferents rights and permission over the networks.

What product will fit better? quickconnect, clearpass, workspace? any suggestions, they have AP instant.

• 2.  RE: IPAD RIGHTS AND PERMISSION

Posted Oct 21, 2013 06:46 PM

ClearPass is your best fit to accomplish what you are looking to do IMO, along with an integration with a content filtering service like OpenDNS and the embedded firewall functionalities of Aruba Instant.

Using ClearPass for authentication and identification of user and device

Using OpenDNS and/or the Aruba Instant firewall to allow/disallow access to applications/destinations as the end-user see's fit fo the user groups reported 'back' from ClearPass

JF

• 3.  RE: IPAD RIGHTS AND PERMISSION

Posted Oct 21, 2013 10:51 PM

Thanks for the reply, i read this:

AirGroup integrated in Aruba Instant
    Like the integrated Mobility Controller option, full AirGroup capabilities are available as a feature in Aruba WLANs where Wi-Fi data is distributed among Aruba Instant APs.Aruba ClearPass adds ownership- and location-based traffic control. This option is ideal for K-12 networks and does not require a Mobility Controller. AirGroup in Aruba Instant is available in an upcoming version in 2012

How can i license this solution CP Profiler + onboard? can i use Aruba quick connect?

• 4.  RE: IPAD RIGHTS AND PERMISSION

Posted Oct 21, 2013 11:25 PM

You can use ClearPass Policy Manager (CPPM) to accomplish Airgroup with Instant and/or controllers.

HOWEVER, that will not address the use-cases you describe that you would like to have.

Airgroup is to assist iDevices in 'sharing' displays to Apple TVs (ATVs) ... not deliniate access use of students vs. teachers.

JF

• 5.  RE: IPAD RIGHTS AND PERMISSION

Posted Oct 21, 2013 11:40 PM

i undestand and thats ir i read. 

The first stage is differentiate students vs teachers, this can be acomplished with Aruba Controller and a RADIUS o AD server

The second stage is what APP does the student have access i see the AppRF can work but it only work with the 7200? can work with 650 controller or 3200?

and at the final step assit iDevices to displays apple TV because they dont have all the budget to do it all in one shot.. 

im looking the how to do this..

• 6.  RE: IPAD RIGHTS AND PERMISSION
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 21, 2013 11:42 PM

Good stuff.

Your original post, doesn't mention anything out displaying ipads on displays.   Airgroup will help you with this additional requirement.

The good news is that you get Airgroup with the ClearPass Policy Manager that you would use to meet your requirement # 1 .  So it's no extra costing to add the displays.

JF