Wireless Access

New Contributor

Identifying 3000-series controllers with built in licenses

I'm considering setting up a home network with 4-5 APs using 3000-series controller. Is it possible to externally identify models with built in licenses? Namely 3200-8-US or 3400-16-US. For 3200-8-US would the sticker rear of controller read 3200-US or 3200-8-US? Purchasing new licenses is not a viable option. If I can't find controller with licenses, I will just get some IAPs. Identifying the controller model from CLI is not an option, because I don't have access to it before purchase.

Guru Elite

Re: Identifying 3000-series controllers with built in licenses

Unfortunately it is not on the external sticker on the unit. :(

In the limited time that we did have those parts, they caused a decent amount of confusion.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
New Contributor

Did I understood correctly that 3200-8-US reads 3200-US at the back? 

Is there a online service that would tell exact model number from the serial number?

Guru Elite

Correct.

You can try to contact TAC:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/support-program/contact-support to see if they would be willing to help.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: