Wireless Access

Highlighted
New Contributor

Identifying 3000-series controllers with built in licenses

I'm considering setting up a home network with 4-5 APs using 3000-series controller. Is it possible to externally identify models with built in licenses? Namely 3200-8-US or 3400-16-US. For 3200-8-US would the sticker rear of controller read 3200-US or 3200-8-US? Purchasing new licenses is not a viable option. If I can't find controller with licenses, I will just get some IAPs. Identifying the controller model from CLI is not an option, because I don't have access to it before purchase.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: Identifying 3000-series controllers with built in licenses

Unfortunately it is not on the external sticker on the unit. :(

In the limited time that we did have those parts, they caused a decent amount of confusion.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
New Contributor

Did I understood correctly that 3200-8-US reads 3200-US at the back? 

Is there a online service that would tell exact model number from the serial number?

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Correct.

You can try to contact TAC:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/support-program/contact-support to see if they would be willing to help.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: