Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Import MAC address list to Aruba controller internal database

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Import MAC address list to Aruba controller internal database

Posted Nov 20, 2012 10:46 PM

Can i import MAC address list to Aruba controller internal database?

• 2.  RE: Import MAC address list to Aruba controller internal database
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 21, 2012 05:42 AM

You cannot.  The best way to do this is to format it in a spreadsheet just like the commands to add them, then paste them into the controller:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/67/17/1/local-userdb.jpg

• 3.  RE: Import MAC address list to Aruba controller internal database

Posted Dec 04, 2014 09:12 AM

Hi, i need to do this now, but your link has stopped working, any chance of  a re-upload ?

cheers

Stephen

@cjoseph wrote:

You cannot.  The best way to do this is to format it in a spreadsheet just like the commands to add them, then paste them into the controller:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/67/17/1/local-userdb.jpg

• 4.  RE: Import MAC address list to Aruba controller internal database

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2014 10:32 AM

I am not sure why that is not coming up.  Basically you would just have a spreadsheet where a list of the command "local-userdb-add username <mac address>" for all of your entries.  You would then just copy and paste the list of commands, adding all your mac addresses, into the terminal session for your controller.

• 5.  RE: Import MAC address list to Aruba controller internal database

Posted Dec 04, 2014 10:39 AM

cheers

Tested and working :-)

@cjoseph wrote:

I am not sure why that is not coming up.  Basically you would just have a spreadsheet where a list of the command "local-userdb-add username <mac address>" for all of your entries.  You would then just copy and paste the list of commands, adding all your mac addresses, into the terminal session for your controller.