Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Import list of user from excel into Aruba controller

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Import list of user from excel into Aruba controller

Posted Feb 13, 2015 08:14 AM

Hi guys, i shoud create user name and password for authentication on WiFi network on my Aruba controller.

I know how to create it manually on Aruba controller in the right section.

Is it possible import user name and password into Aruba controller from an excel file?

thanks

• 2.  RE: Import list of user from excel into Aruba controller

Posted Feb 13, 2015 08:54 AM
    unfortunately there is no way to do that.

What you can do is prepare the commands on the excel sheet that include the username/passwords you want and paste them in a batch on the CLI

• 3.  RE: Import list of user from excel into Aruba controller

Posted Feb 13, 2015 09:01 AM

No, I dont think its possible. However you can export file from a controller and use it in different controller.

• 4.  RE: Import list of user from excel into Aruba controller

Posted Feb 13, 2015 10:04 AM

That's ok....you said i can export from one controller and use in another controller. It seems very useful. How can I do that?

• 5.  RE: Import list of user from excel into Aruba controller

Posted Feb 13, 2015 12:58 PM

Open the internal DB and click on Export. It will save the data in your controller Flash.

DB.jpg

After that open maintenance tab and click on copy file. Select the right file and download it in your local drive.DB2.jpg

Now the file is in your local drive. For use it in different controller yo have to follow riverse process.

Means In maintenance tab under copy file select FTP or TFTP server as source and flash as a destination and upload the file.

DB3.jpg

After that in go to internal DB and click on import. Put your file name which you stored in flash.[this is case sensitive]

Thats all.

• 6.  RE: Import list of user from excel into Aruba controller

Posted Feb 15, 2015 09:47 AM

thank you i will do it