Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Importing templates

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Importing templates

Posted Apr 30, 2012 09:34 PM

We have an Airwave and IAP 105 environment. What is the process to apply an existing IAP template configuration to a brand new IAP to be added to the network?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Importing templates

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 17, 2012 08:49 PM

Is this another instant location/network or part of the first IAP network? When you authorize the first location/IAP network on AirWave, the template gets automatically added to the group. When a new location/IAP comes online and its organization is the same as the first one then it will be added to the same group as the first one and hence will use the template as the first Instant network.

Hope that makes sense.

• 3.  RE: Importing templates

Posted May 20, 2012 01:47 PM

The process you describe is not working properly. Any change that I make to the firewall ACL, does not get applied. It applies a deny all and noting else. This is quite frustrating. Anyone know any trick to get all AP's to the same config?

TJ 

• 4.  RE: Importing templates

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 20, 2012 10:42 PM

Sorry to hear that. What Instant and AirWave versions are you running? I am wondering if you are running into some version compatibility issues. I will also look into the possibility of an open bug that is causing this behavior.

• 5.  RE: Importing templates

Posted May 31, 2012 09:51 PM

The solution turned out to be making sure that the order of ACL's on each IAP is in the excat same order. Once they were identical, the mismatches went away.