Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Initial Role and 802.1x Authentication Default Role

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Initial Role and 802.1x Authentication Default Role

Posted Dec 05, 2012 10:10 AM

If i can configure the 802.1x Authentication Default Role with policy of 10.80.9.0(source)  Any(destination) Any(service) permit.

what should put for the Initial Role? Because the default role is logon-control which contain  any any dchp, dns, icmp  permit.

• 2.  RE: Initial Role and 802.1x Authentication Default Role

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 05, 2012 12:38 PM

If you are doing wired 802.1x, the initial role is not really applied in the AAA profile.  The 802.1x default role would be applied.  The initial role would be applied when doing wired 802.1x and the user does not pass 802.1x.  In wireless, if the user does not pass, he is not allowed to pass traffic, period.

• 3.  RE: Initial Role and 802.1x Authentication Default Role

Posted Dec 06, 2012 08:41 PM

Hi Joseph,

It is for wireless and those machine was use static IP address instead of use DHCP server due to some security reason. 

For Aruba policies (Firewall), if i just defined the 10.80.9.0(Network-Source)  Any(Destinaton) Any(Service) permit, does i still need to define other policy to deny other network?