Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Initial Setup wizard not saving config

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Initial Setup wizard not saving config

Posted Jan 12, 2013 07:42 PM

Hello

I've done a reset on my 620 controller to prepare it for a workshop i'm gonna have and I've run into some weird problems.

The initial setup of the controller (the web wizard) does not save the config. Depending on browser it won't even reboot the controller.

I'm guessing this might be because it's on 3.4.x firmware, but I don't have access to firmware downloads and my partner contact on Aruba isn't helping much.

So, I got 2 questions,

1. Anyone know about the wizard not saving issue and what I could do about it? Got a pretty worthless 620 controller right now...

2. Is it possible someone could help me get newer firmware?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Initial Setup wizard not saving config

Posted Jan 13, 2013 03:40 AM

I have run into similiar issues with Firefox but it was with newer firmware (6.x.x).

I would suggest you to connect to the serial console and do the initial configuration via CLI (it provides a similiar wizard).

You can download the latest firmware from support.arubanetworks.com

• 3.  RE: Initial Setup wizard not saving config

Posted Jan 13, 2013 07:27 AM

Yes I know I can set it up via CLI, but I need it to work with the web aswell, wouldn't be much of a workshop then since it's based in the web and that's what most people like to use. I prefer CLI myself though.

Maybe you missed it in my OP but I don't have access to downloads on my account and I've asked my aruba contact to fix that but he's not doing much. Last message he answered to (he rarely answers at all) was "Use the customers support contract"

• 4.  RE: Initial Setup wizard not saving config

Posted Jan 13, 2013 10:03 AM

• 5.  RE: Initial Setup wizard not saving config

Posted Jan 18, 2013 02:54 PM

Not sure if it is exactly the same issue, but if you do the default through the cli, there is a second command that you have to enter that will allow the controller to save configs.  I did a default on my 620 and went through the inital wizard 6 or 8 times before I realized what I had done.  Below is the link to the article, just remember to read the whole article which is what I had forgotten.

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-1547

• 6.  RE: Initial Setup wizard not saving config

Posted Jan 21, 2013 03:30 AM

That article looks interesting, I will try that when I get the time, I'm currently on a customer assignment so it might be a little while but I will update when I do test it.

• 7.  RE: Initial Setup wizard not saving config

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2013 09:18 AM

@Pjar wrote:

Yes I know I can set it up via CLI, but I need it to work with the web aswell, wouldn't be much of a workshop then since it's based in the web and that's what most people like to use. I prefer CLI myself though.

Maybe you missed it in my OP but I don't have access to downloads on my account and I've asked my aruba contact to fix that but he's not doing much. Last message he answered to (he rarely answers at all) was "Use the customers support contract"

Pjar,

If the customer has a support contract, he or she should be able to login so that you can get downloads for his controller.  Is there a problem that is keeping the customer from getting access to downloads?

• 8.  RE: Initial Setup wizard not saving config

Posted Jan 21, 2013 09:20 AM

cjoseph wrote:

Pjar,

If the customer has a support contract, he or she should be able to login so that you can get downloads for his controller.  Is there a problem that is keeping the customer from getting access to downloads?

It's my controller, it's a demokit. We're a aruba partner but we don't have and apparantly can't have access to file downloads

• 9.  RE: Initial Setup wizard not saving config

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2013 09:31 AM

up-to-date Partners should have access to the support site as far as I know.

• 10.  RE: Initial Setup wizard not saving config

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2013 09:16 AM

@Pjar wrote:

Hello

I've done a reset on my 620 controller to prepare it for a workshop i'm gonna have and I've run into some weird problems.

The initial setup of the controller (the web wizard) does not save the config. Depending on browser it won't even reboot the controller.

I'm guessing this might be because it's on 3.4.x firmware, but I don't have access to firmware downloads and my partner contact on Aruba isn't helping much.

So, I got 2 questions,

1. Anyone know about the wizard not saving issue and what I could do about it? Got a pretty worthless 620 controller right now...

2. Is it possible someone could help me get newer firmware?

Thanks

That should not be the case.  There have been issues with the Wizard not saving the initial config, but they should be fixed as of the latest release.  If you are still having issues, please open a TAC case so that they can reproduce it and fix it.

• 11.  RE: Initial Setup wizard not saving config

Posted Jan 21, 2013 09:18 AM

It's not on the latest release, I'm trying to get the firmware through my aruba partner contact but according to him he can't give me access so I have to go through the distributor, I'm currently waiting for an answer from them.