Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Installing RAP2WG.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Installing RAP2WG.

Posted Jul 05, 2012 02:46 PM

Hi,

Having a problem Installing RAP2's.

I have ports 4500 and 500 forwarded to the controller and the firewall at my home has been disabled. But I still get failed,RC_ERROR_IKEP1 errors.

Are there any debugging commands I can use to see if anything is getting through to the controller?

When the RAP2 is initially connected to the LAN it updates and reboots and I can provision it to the RAP AP group that has been created and it reboots and you don't see it again.

This is a brand new controller on the latest software that is only being used for the RAP's.

Any help gratefully received as I'm starting to pull what little hair I have out!!!

• 2.  RE: Installing RAP2WG.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 05, 2012 03:19 PM

IKE_PKT1 means that no traffic is going between the AP and the controller.  What is your network setup?  What firewall are you using to forward traffic to the controller?

• 3.  RE: Installing RAP2WG.

Posted Jul 05, 2012 03:24 PM
    It is just a Draytek 2820 router with port redirection sending udp ports 4500 & 500 to the ip address of the controller.

• 4.  RE: Installing RAP2WG.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 05, 2012 03:25 PM

Okay.

On the controller's commandline, type "show datapath session table | include 4500" while the RAP2WN is trying to connect to see if any traffic is being sent to the controller's ip address..