Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant AP and ClearPass DNS

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Instant AP and ClearPass DNS

Posted Jun 25, 2013 09:54 PM

Hello,

I managed to setup instant AP, ClearPass and Clearpass guest talking  working thanks to a top video posted within the forum.

However I notice quite a delay when loading the caprive portal.It is my belief that this is due to the DNS timeout. I have seen this in few occasions with other vendor products in the past. The particular client I'm involved with  will not have a DNS server setup for the instant APs enviornment  as Instant APs will be working as a standlone offering.

For clients, I will be using 8.8.8.8  but I do not know  a workaround to  for the internal devices that require DNS service for IAP, CP and CP Guest components.

Update: 1 hour later :-)

When I tried authenticate against radiusit did not work.  I noticed that the radius is rejecting the user  stating" failed to clasify request to service"

Any advice/help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: Instant AP and ClearPass DNS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 25, 2013 11:24 PM

Make sure that if the service has an Aruba-Essid-Attribute restriction, it matches your guest network.

• 3.  RE: Instant AP and ClearPass DNS

Posted Jun 26, 2013 03:06 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Infact what you said was mentioned  on the video and I changed  it to match myworld.

Did a reboot asa last resort and things started working. May be as I was doing so many changes the AP/Clearpass would have gone bersek!!

However I'm still observing delays due to lack of DNS during redirection..

I'm thinking of using the ISP DNS to solve the challenge :-)

cheers,