Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant APs cannot be converted to Campus APs and then terminate to a Controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Instant APs cannot be converted to Campus APs and then terminate to a Controller

Posted Mar 17, 2012 07:01 AM

Hello All,

We have a 105AP running the Code of an Instant AP. I have tried all possible ways to convert this AP to a Campus AP (CAP) to no avail. 

It simply just comes up as an Instant AP. 

I even set the Instant AP to factory default and still.

Even after setting it to factory default, I connected it to a Physical Port on the 620 Controller. It still came up as an Instant.

Can Instant APs be really converted to Caps?

• 2.  RE: Instant APs cannot be converted to Campus APs and then terminate to a Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2012 07:04 AM

You have to go under Maintenence> Convert to point it to an active controller to convert.

• 3.  RE: Instant APs cannot be converted to Campus APs and then terminate to a Controller

Posted Mar 17, 2012 07:05 AM

Yep! Tried that over 5 times and still could not get it to convert to a CAP.

• 4.  RE: Instant APs cannot be converted to Campus APs and then terminate to a Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2012 07:07 AM

What version of code is on the controller?

• 5.  RE: Instant APs cannot be converted to Campus APs and then terminate to a Controller

Posted Mar 17, 2012 07:09 AM

• 6.  RE: Instant APs cannot be converted to Campus APs and then terminate to a Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2012 07:14 AM

Unfortunately, you need a minimum of ArubaOS 6.1 on the controller to convert the APS.

• 7.  RE: Instant APs cannot be converted to Campus APs and then terminate to a Controller

Posted Mar 17, 2012 07:17 AM

**bleep**! Oh well.

I always knew we might need to upgrade at sometime.

Is there a link or documentation where I can reference this?

• 8.  RE: Instant APs cannot be converted to Campus APs and then terminate to a Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2012 07:19 AM

We are trying to get it added as we speak.  Please see the thread right here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Access-Points/Converting-IAP-105-to-an-AP-105/m-p/14594/highlight/true#M2054

• 9.  RE: Instant APs cannot be converted to Campus APs and then terminate to a Controller

Posted Mar 17, 2012 07:26 AM

Thanks Joseph. 

Will try that out and keep you updated.

• 10.  RE: Instant APs cannot be converted to Campus APs and then terminate to a Controller

Posted Mar 17, 2012 07:15 AM

Do you think the Software Version on the 620 Controller could be the issue?