Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Insufficient memory and/or disk space during controller upgrade from ArubaOS 6.4.1.0 to 6.4.2.2

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Insufficient memory and/or disk space during controller upgrade from ArubaOS 6.4.1.0 to 6.4.2.2

Posted Dec 03, 2014 11:44 PM
      |   view attached

Hi, while upgrading the newly purchased Aruba 7030 controller to ArubaOS 6.4.2.2, we encountered following error:

System has low free memory and/or low free disk space.

please see the attached screen capture.

Checking the system at console we only used about 4% of 3.3 Flash and 2G /tmp.

memory still 2G out of 3G memory.

We have followed the upgrade procedure layed out in the 6.4.2.2 release note.

Do you have any suggestion on this?

Thank you for the help!

• 2.  RE: Insufficient memory and/or disk space during controller upgrade from ArubaOS 6.4.1.0 to 6.4.2.2

Posted Dec 04, 2014 04:19 AM

Hi,

Try to free some memory by using the following commands,

tar crash
    delete filename crash.tar
    tar logs tech-support
    delete filename logs.tar

If you find any other big files delete them by using the following command,

delete filename <filename_you_want)

Reboot the controller and try again.

still not able to resolve the issue please share snapshot of your flash.

Cheers,

Venu Puduchery.

• 3.  RE: Insufficient memory and/or disk space during controller upgrade from ArubaOS 6.4.1.0 to 6.4.2.2

Posted Dec 04, 2014 10:12 AM

Venu,

With CLI, I can upgrade the same files via tftp. It seems to me it is something with the WebUI uploader.

Regards,

Wilson

• 4.  RE: Insufficient memory and/or disk space during controller upgrade from ArubaOS 6.4.1.0 to 6.4.2.2

Posted Dec 04, 2014 10:20 AM

Ok,

let me check with my setup.

Cheers,

Venu Puduchery

• 5.  RE: Insufficient memory and/or disk space during controller upgrade from ArubaOS 6.4.1.0 to 6.4.2.2

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 05, 2014 02:44 AM

hi all

please use the CLI and do the upgrade using scp/ftp - there is a known bug in the 7030 with regards to free space calculation in the webUI, it is addressed in 6.4.2.3 as bug 105664.

regards

-jeff

• 6.  RE: Insufficient memory and/or disk space during controller upgrade from ArubaOS 6.4.1.0 to 6.4.2.2

Posted Dec 05, 2014 02:52 AM

Hi, Jeff,

Thank you for the information. It seems that Captive Portal Upload also has the same problem. Do you have any cli commond that I can use to upload the Customized Captive Portal Page to the controller?

Thank you for the help!

Regards,

Wilson

• 7.  RE: Insufficient memory and/or disk space during controller upgrade from ArubaOS 6.4.1.0 to 6.4.2.2

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 05, 2014 02:58 AM

It seems that Captive Portal Upload also has the same problem. Do you have any cli commond that I can use to upload the Customized Captive Portal Page to the controller?

yep, same issue - I just responded in that other thread, please see my response there.