Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Integration with NPS issues

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Integration with NPS issues

Posted Apr 14, 2013 01:24 AM

Following the attached aruba document to integrate controller with NPS for 802.1x authentication, In the NPS iam getting an error

"The connection request did not match any configured network policy."  In the NPS log Authentication Type:EAP is shown.

Once it was able to authenticate properly and at that point the Authentication Type:PEAP was shown in the logs.

I am wondering why sometimes auth type EAP and Sometimes PEAP is coming.I beleive if I get PEAP as the auth type "connection request will match the configured network policy" and the authentication will happen.

I am attaching the NPS log and the screen shots from NPS configuration.Can any one help me to point out the error or point out some good document on PEAP with aruba.

Attachment(s)

txt
    EAP Error.txt   1 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Integration with NPS issues

Posted Apr 14, 2013 04:20 AM

The error is not abou the network policy

Its telling you that he cannot find a connection request policy that match

What is the  configuration on the connection request policy? can you show me?

You should have a on that rule a condition that says NAS port type wireless

Cheers

Carlos

• 3.  RE: Integration with NPS issues

Posted Apr 14, 2013 04:32 AM
      |   view attached

im attaching you a really simple guide also

Just pay attention to the end... which is the actual  radius configuration....

i mean, If you already got the certificate installed on the server

If you do not have the certificate then you need  a internal CA or a external CA like verisign and buy a certificate from them.

Cheers

Carlos

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: Integration with NPS issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 14, 2013 05:42 AM

@wifiabcd wrote:

Following the attached aruba document to integrate controller with NPS for 802.1x authentication, In the NPS iam getting an error

"The connection request did not match any configured network policy."  In the NPS log Authentication Type:EAP is shown.

Once it was able to authenticate properly and at that point the Authentication Type:PEAP was shown in the logs.

I am wondering why sometimes auth type EAP and Sometimes PEAP is coming.I beleive if I get PEAP as the auth type "connection request will match the configured network policy" and the authentication will happen.

I am attaching the NPS log and the screen shots from NPS configuration.Can any one help me to point out the error or point out some good document on PEAP with aruba.

Only put in one group to check.  Do not check multiple Windows Groups.