Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Inteherited vs local configurations on MC's

I have 2 MC's that have a mixed configuration.

Most of the configuraiton is inherited from the /MD/xx node-hierarchy.

Some is configured locally.

Is there an easy way to strategically restore the inheritance for a few things for example "wlan ssid-profile" or "wlan virtual-ap"?

Guru Elite

Re: Inteherited vs local configurations on MC's

Type "show configuration node-hierarchy"

type "CD <name of your node>"

If you type "show configuration committed" at that level, it will tell you everything you have configured only at that node.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you... that helped remove some of those changes on the individual controller.

Should NTP settings be set in the /md/controller and inherited down at the actual MC?  or actually set on the MC?

Guru Elite

If all controllers need to have the same ntp server, it can be created as high up as /md.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Frequent Contributor II

As Cjoseph stated, settings such as NTP can be set as high up as /md, however it is generally recommended that you do not make changes at the /md level. Create an organizational group node below /md and make your global settings at that level. Such as /md/<company name>/<location>/ and then in the location group node you would then have your device nodes. Your global settings would be made at /md/<company name>. With a Mobility Master (MM) you can have a maximum hierarchy depth of 4 group node levels, eg. /md/level1/level2/level3/level4/devicenode.

I hope this helps,

David
Sr. Trainer and Author of "Understanding ArubaOS: Version 8.x" book
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: