Wireless Access

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: Intel dual band wireless-ac 7260 doesn't connect to Aruba captive portal or 802.1x SSID's

thank you.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
All-Decade MVP 2020

Re: Intel dual band wireless-ac 7260 doesn't connect to Aruba captive portal or 802.1x SSID's

i've had one of my customers recently working through a similar problem with HP / Intel. turned out there was some issue with the drivers and i think it was 16.10 latest version that fixed it. Unsure of the actual card version though.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Well, Scottdoorey,

When you know, let US know...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Highlighted
All-Decade MVP 2020

l'll flick them an email to find out as i wasn't part of the final resolution. If you have internal visibility of cases, take a look at case #1508464

scott

Highlighted
All-Decade MVP 2020

ok got some answers.

may not be entirely relevant as the client devices weren't 11ac but the AP's were., the client was using Intel CentrinoAdvanced-N 6200 series e.g. 6230 and 6235 and were having association and dropout issues with the AP-225s.

Upgrading controllers to 6.3.1.3 and Intel release version 16.10.0.5 - 02/13/2014 which seemed to improve the performance greatly.

hopefully this is of some help

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Thank you. At least we know what works.

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks for the info, scottdoorey.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Double post, sorry; please remove.
Highlighted
New Contributor

We were having an issue where none of our 7260 clients could connect via 802.11a, disabling 802.11a, leaving b/g enabled on the NIC was the only way to get connectivity. 

I worked with Aruba support here in Australia and Intel engineering to determine that there was a bug in the driver in handling "Quiet IE" packets. We disabled quiet IE on the controller as a fix while the driver fix is tested and goes into production. 

Our configuration is a 3400 controller and AP65's. 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Great - sounds like there are two workarounds - disabling QuieIE on the controller - or - disabling 802.11k on the controller.  We opted for disabling 802.11k on the controller since we aren't doing voice over wifi and the intel clients are able to connect now.

Ian

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: