Wireless Access

New Contributor

Re: Inter controller seamless roaming(L2), options

Without cluster L2 seamless roaming is not possible?

We don't have MM . We configured on the controller as Master and other 2 controllers are MD1 and MD2.

We could see both MD's are displaying in Master.

Configurations made in Master are successfully pushed to both MD's

Even we didn't see client roams seamlessly.

Guru Elite

You might want to try ip mobility, then:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_83_Web_Help/content/arubaframestyles/mobility/ip_mobili.htm

I have not personally tried ip mobility  for ArubaOS 8.x, because clustering makes roaming between controllers very easy.  I would say that in the past it has been encouraged to design the network to minimize roaming of clients between controllers, because it makes troubleshooting difficult.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Guru Elite

Another thing you can do is enable the "FDB Update on Assoc" in the Virtual AP profile to update the cam tables when a client associates to see if that makes a difference:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_83_Web_Help/content/arubaframestyles/virtualaps/conf_vap_prof.htm?Highlight=fdb

Can both of your explain what tests you are running during roaming between controllers that do not work?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

We have very basic setup to validate L2 seamless roaming.

One Master and 2 MD's.Both MD's jobed with Master.The configuration we created in Master is refleclecting in both MD's.

We have a profile with FT-802.1x configuration.

Each MD has one AP joined.

We have connected Client to AP1 which is with MD1. Our client slowly roaming form AP1 to AP2(which is on MD2).

During roam we are sending reassoc request,But AP2 is not honoring reassoc reuest.So the client is going for Full Authentication ,which is not correct.

We are expecting as per configured Fast roam (OKC or PMKID or FT)

As you mentioned clusetring supports in MM .Does the configuration of cluster is s/w based or specific hardware required to use cluster.

Occasional Contributor II

please find the attached screen shot for our infrastructre

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-20 at 5.02.30 PM.jpeg

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: