Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Internet connexion

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Internet connexion

Posted Nov 14, 2013 08:51 AM

Hello, I have a question for you, but I don’t have a lot of information about the structure of the network.

The client has two SSID (guest and company) and I don’t know if both SSID are in the same VLAN or not.

The client wants another internet connexion for the SSID guest only.

If the SSID guest is in another vlan, this is possible to give a command for a router to put all coming data on the VLAN Guest to the new network connexion?

If both SSID is in the same vlan, is possible for the Aruba controller to conduct the SSID guest to the new internet connexion?

Thank you

• 2.  RE: Internet connexion

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2013 08:57 AM

If you connect to one or the other, Are you on the same network?  That should tell you if each SSID is in its own VLAN. Is the controller the gateway of the clients?  If not, then this can be done very easily.  I would do the following:

1. Put Guests into their own VLAN.  

2. Make the gateway of the guest's VLAN the router on that separate connection.

• 3.  RE: Internet connexion

Posted Nov 14, 2013 09:03 AM

How I can put a new gateway only for the guest's on the Aruba controller?

• 4.  RE: Internet connexion

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2013 09:10 AM

Well...that depends on what's happening now in the current config.  If possible, can you just change the gateway for the guests to the router you wish to send them to?  This assumes that the controller and this router are connected on the same VLAN.  In this scenario, the controller is a L2 "bump" in the datapath

• 5.  RE: Internet connexion

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2013 09:11 AM

If you are doing captive portal, make sure you add an IP to the controller in the guest subnet.

• 6.  RE: Internet connexion

Posted Nov 14, 2013 09:14 AM

Ok thank you, I don't have enough information. When I have all the information, I repeat my question.

Thank you