Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Interpreting some of the dashboard metrics

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Interpreting some of the dashboard metrics

Posted Oct 16, 2013 11:37 AM
      |   view attached

Hi there,

I wonder if someone could assist me with interpretting a couple of the AP metrics on the 6.1 dashoard. (See attached).

For the RX data frames (heard from other radios) ,

Do i take 100% (x/x) to mean 100% of x frames have been heard from other APs? - ie co-channel interference

or ?

And following on, how is the interference % calculated. would 50% mean  1/2 the airtime unavailable? or?

These could be potentially useful stats if I could find out exactly what they mean - especially if I could use the RX Data Frames stat to guage CCI. 

• 2.  RE: Interpreting some of the dashboard metrics

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 16, 2013 11:48 AM

If you click on "Help" in the upper right hand corner, all of the green column headings will be clickable with explanations.

• 3.  RE: Interpreting some of the dashboard metrics

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 16, 2013 11:50 AM

For interference - The percentage of time utilized by interference signals in the channel. Interference signals may be non-WiFi traffic or Wi-Fi traffic in adjacent channels or co-channels that are not decoded as Wi-Fi signals.

For the Rx frames - The percentage of time taken for receiving frames from the AP in 60 seconds.

• 4.  RE: Interpreting some of the dashboard metrics

Posted Oct 16, 2013 04:03 PM

Thanks cjoseph... didn't spot the "help with this item" before.

So the interference is pretty clear, we're talking the % of time the phyical CCA says "energy detected, but no meaningful packets.

The second one, "RX frames..." implies co-channel interference... i think!

Kudos earnt for *politely* pointing me in the direction of in built help :)