Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Intial role for guest in DMZ controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Intial role for guest in DMZ controller

Posted Mar 09, 2016 01:24 PM

Hi All,

I have a setup running with DMZ and local controller, guest are authenticating in DMZ controller and all the  trafiic is going through GRE tunnel.

Now I need to configure another Guest SSID with external captive portal for TESTING.

The external captive portal server also sits behind DMZ.

I know I have to configure some intial role in DMZ and then assign the external captive portal profile to that intial role.

But  how do I tell to DMZ controller that for this testing SSID use this initial role ?

Here I am getting confused, normally in my running setup unauthenticated guest pick up guest-logon role as a initial role.

Thanks in advanced.

• 2.  RE: Intial role for guest in DMZ controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 09, 2016 01:39 PM
    When you make a GRE tunnel untrusted, the clients are place into the logon role. The logon role should have a captive portal authentication profile assigned that will redirect users to the page you want .

• 3.  RE: Intial role for guest in DMZ controller

Posted Mar 09, 2016 01:43 PM

Can we define manually some other role intead of logon role ?

• 4.  RE: Intial role for guest in DMZ controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 09, 2016 02:24 PM

If you go to Configuration> Advanced Services> Wired Access, you can change the AAA profile to any AAA profile that you want.  By default it is set to the default AAA profile which has an initial role of logon.  Create a AAA profile that has the initial role you want and change the AAA profile below to the one you want.

wired.PNG