Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Iphone not getting an IP address

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Iphone not getting an IP address

Posted Oct 15, 2012 11:03 AM

Hello all,

I have an interesting issue here.  We have 3 Iphones that we are trying to get connected to the Aruba Wireless network.  We are using MAC Address filtering on these.

only 1 of the 3 phones connects up to the wireless network.  All 3 phones have the same software version.  The one thing I'm noticing is that, when the two phones that are having issues are trying to connect, they are getting an APIPA (169 address scheme) instead of the actual class B network scheme that we're using here at work.

It's just odd that one connects fine while the other two devices to not. 

Any thoughts?

• 2.  RE: Iphone not getting an IP address

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 15, 2012 11:05 AM

Turn off MAC authentication and see if they connect.

• 3.  RE: Iphone not getting an IP address

Posted Oct 15, 2012 11:20 AM

I  tried connecting to our guest network and I'm able to connect and get an IP address there.  Now when I try and reconnect back to the mac filtered network, the IP stays the same as the one it obained on the guest network, however the "user role" keeps listing as "Denyall"

I've tried making a user role that points the mac address to the SSID of the AP, but have had no luck with this either.

• 4.  RE: Iphone not getting an IP address

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 15, 2012 11:23 AM

Is your user role denyall when a device fails mac authentication?  Is there any way that you can check the mac addresses entered to make sure they match the mac addresses that are being denied in the user table?  The format of the mac addresses must be the same, otherwise they won't work.

• 5.  RE: Iphone not getting an IP address

Posted Oct 15, 2012 01:24 PM

Hello,

Sorry, unfortunately I'm still getting used to the Aruba's settings.  Where would I find "denyall when a device fails mac authentication" within the settings?

All of the andriod devices and Apple IPad devices appear to be connecting just fine on the network.  It just seems to be the phones we're having issues with.

BTW, thank you very much for all your help.