Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Is anyone having problems with VisualRF on version 8.0

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Is anyone having problems with VisualRF on version 8.0

Posted Aug 06, 2014 10:13 AM

Since I upgraded to 8.0.1 and then 8.0.2, I have been having problems with VisualRF. Once I get the floor showing the APs ans I turn on the heat map I get a horizontal barber pole and it just sits.

• 2.  RE: Is anyone having problems with VisualRF on version 8.0

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2014 10:45 AM

There is a known issue that's currently being worked on.  It's listed as DE19023 with the following details:

Post 8.0.x upgrade, there's an issue where the heatmap xml file is not being built due to resource contention.

The current workaround has been to increase the threads allocated in VisualRF Setup.  Core threads/Location caching threads/UI threads should all be equal to the number of cores on your server.  If you're not sure how many cores are present, visit System -> Performance and you can determine from the type of CPUs present:

For example, the below is 8 cores, so I'd set VisualRF to have 8 threads for all 3 settings:

CPU
    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5560 @ 2.80GHz Hyper-Threaded 4 Cores 8192 KB cache (2793.283 MHz actual)
    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5560 @ 2.80GHz Hyper-Threaded 4 Cores 8192 KB cache (2793.283 MHz actual)

• 3.  RE: Is anyone having problems with VisualRF on version 8.0

Posted Aug 06, 2014 11:21 AM

Thanks for the info Rob. Any idea what version of 8 the problem will be fixed?

• 4.  RE: Is anyone having problems with VisualRF on version 8.0

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2014 11:26 AM

I'd estimate that the fix should be in the next 8.0 patch release (8.0.3).  Though it would probably be beneficial for you to open a support case, support can pull in VisualRF developers as needed.

• 5.  RE: Is anyone having problems with VisualRF on version 8.0

Posted Aug 06, 2014 02:35 PM

Just installed 8.0.2 yesterday -- working with TAC on this issue (and others) -- and VisualRF is much faster, and generally not giving me the "barberpole" thing as often.

Still working with TAC and looking forward to the next update.

• 6.  RE: Is anyone having problems with VisualRF on version 8.0

Posted Aug 07, 2014 07:04 AM

Thanks Matthew

How many devices are you monitoring or managing and how much RAM do you have on your system?

• 7.  RE: Is anyone having problems with VisualRF on version 8.0

Posted Aug 07, 2014 11:56 AM

1195 devices

1197 clients

48GB RAM

8 CPU cores