Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Is is possible to generate an Aruba Eval License using the new HPE Portal

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Is is possible to generate an Aruba Eval License using the new HPE Portal

Posted Nov 03, 2016 10:37 AM

hi,

as you know the aruba license portal was remplaced by the HPE portal, i'm trying to generate some eval license but i can't find  where .

can any one help me please ?

Regards

• 2.  RE: Is is possible to generate an Aruba Eval License using the new HPE Portal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 05, 2016 09:10 AM

Raouf,

Every user of the new MyNetworking portal can request 90-day evaluation licenses for ClearPass or ALE. To do so, go to MyNetworking then to My Licenses and select the option for free or evaluation licenses (the exact naming will depend on your language).

For other licenses, at least for the moment, you will need to ask your Aruba SE or Aruba Channel SE to get you a registration ID for an evaluation license.

I do understand that this feature is a step back for HPE Aruba partners that were familiar with the legacy Aruba licensing portal; however the benefits and efficiency of having all HPE Aruba software and licenses merged in one portal were also taken into account. There was no possibility to copy the partner eval request functionality at this moment. I cannot comment if that feature will return on a short term (or longer term).

• 3.  RE: Is is possible to generate an Aruba Eval License using the new HPE Portal

Posted Nov 28, 2016 09:19 AM

Hi

I experience the same problem, this is kind of a huge setback.

I have tried several times to transfer licenses from an old 3400 to a new 7205, but the HPE licensing page comes up with an error.

At the same time i'm unable to create an eval license for the system, so i'm basically stuck.

Being a partner with Aruba/HPE, this is kind of frustrating as licenses on Aruba has been very easy and effective.

I have tried managing licenses for other vendors, and it could be a pain in the a**. I sincerely hope Aruba/HPE is not falling into the same trap.

Roar

• 4.  RE: Is is possible to generate an Aruba Eval License using the new HPE Portal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 28, 2016 09:24 AM

Roar,

Please work with your local Aruba SE. The more feedback that comes in through that channel the more likely things will be changing more rapidly than already planned.

Herman

• 5.  RE: Is is possible to generate an Aruba Eval License using the new HPE Portal

Posted Nov 30, 2016 08:48 AM

Hi, Herman,

Hope it will be fixed soon.

Need some for a POC

• 6.  RE: Is is possible to generate an Aruba Eval License using the new HPE Portal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2016 02:48 PM

Thierry,

I don't want to spread false hope.. If you need eval licenses for controllers, you can contact Rene van Dorst or any of the other Aruba SEs. They can help you to get a registration ID; so while it is not as convenient as in the past, it should be doable (and is like many other vendors do evaluation licenses, without meaning that that is how it should be, it is not).

In addition, you can contact Aruba TAC as well to get you evaluation licenses, and you will NEED to contact TAC in the case you want to add an eval license on a controller that has already production licenses installed.

Please escalate through Rene any issues that you have, so they can be resolved. This forum is not monitored by the people that run the MyNetworking portal.

• 7.  RE: Is is possible to generate an Aruba Eval License using the new HPE Portal

Posted Jan 11, 2017 05:44 PM

I believe this link takes you to the eval linceses. It request your company information first.

https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/license/GenerateEvalRegIDs.aspx

• 8.  RE: Is is possible to generate an Aruba Eval License using the new HPE Portal

Posted Jan 12, 2017 02:48 AM

Hi

Thanx, how did you get into this URL? I was looking for something like this, but never found it.

Roar Fossen

• 9.  RE: Is is possible to generate an Aruba Eval License using the new HPE Portal

Posted Jan 12, 2017 03:20 AM

It doesn't look like there is the PEFNG license in the list does this come under a differnet name now or is it not available.

• 10.  RE: Is is possible to generate an Aruba Eval License using the new HPE Portal
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2017 04:42 AM

Please check under the following J-numbers for the three basic controller per-AP licenses:

JW472AAE Aruba Cntrlr Per AP Capacity Lic E-LTU
    JW473AAE Aruba Cntrlr Per AP PEF Lic E-LTU
    JW474AAE Aruba Cntrlr RFProtect 1 AP Lic E-LTU

So, yes, it looks like in the new system it is known as PEF, not PEF-NG. Pretty sure it is the same..

Herman

• 11.  RE: Is is possible to generate an Aruba Eval License using the new HPE Portal

Posted Feb 28, 2017 08:47 AM

Hi, I've been trying to get an Eval license for an Aruba 3200, but I can't seem to get it figured out.  I tried the link above, I wasn't sure which license would be needed, so I tried them all, none of them worked.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have a 3200 and an AP-125 that I'm playing around with.  I'm just trying to set up a home lab.

Thanks!

• 12.  RE: Is is possible to generate an Aruba Eval License using the new HPE Portal

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 28, 2017 08:55 AM

I had to ring TAC for an eval for any Aruba controllers, they only had Eval's available for ClearPass and a few others. Might just have been our Partner account however...

• 13.  RE: Is is possible to generate an Aruba Eval License using the new HPE Portal

Posted Feb 28, 2017 09:31 AM

Thanks for the response.

I just gave TAC a call and they said they couldn't give me an Eval license for a 3200 because it's not supported anymore.  The guy told me to try contacting an Aruba reseller.

• 14.  RE: Is is possible to generate an Aruba Eval License using the new HPE Portal

Posted Mar 01, 2017 02:45 AM

Hi

https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/license/GenerateEvalRegIDs.aspx

You should be able to generate eval licenses for AOS, it doesn't say if they are restricted to a certain platform.

At the same time, they have crippled the eval possibility. My company is a Platinum partner, but we only get to generate 2 eval licenses as a whole. This is of course depleted very quickly.

It would be wise to restrict 2 or 3 eval towards the same serial, not for the whole company. This might just be a bug, but it seems crippled to me.

Potential customers will be lost, when we can't generate eval licenses, and give customers the ability to try stuff out.

• 15.  RE: Is is possible to generate an Aruba Eval License using the new HPE Portal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 01, 2017 04:26 AM

This limitation for partners to generate just two evals, just like any other user, is a known. For now, please work with your channel SE to get more registration IDs for AOS evaluation licenses until the changes have been made to allow partner accounts more eval licenses.

• 16.  RE: Is is possible to generate an Aruba Eval License using the new HPE Portal

Posted Mar 06, 2017 02:08 PM

Mosher,

Thanks for the post.

Any idea which of those licenses might work?  I went down the list trying them and I get a 'bad license' error on the 3200 with each of them.

Any ideas?

Greg

• 17.  RE: Is is possible to generate an Aruba Eval License using the new HPE Portal

Posted Apr 24, 2017 04:05 PM

Hi everyone, thanks for the link to generate eval licenses. I was able to successfully generate AP (JW472AAE), PEF (JW473AAE), RFProtect (JW474AAE) licenses but they are valid only for 30 days. How can I extend the expiry up to the 90-day period ?

Thanks in advance.

• 18.  RE: Is is possible to generate an Aruba Eval License using the new HPE Portal

Posted Apr 24, 2017 05:46 PM

Simply re-apply them another two times when they expire - 3 X 30days = 90days.