Wireless Access

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Is is possible to generate an Aruba Eval License using the new HPE Portal

Hi, I've been trying to get an Eval license for an Aruba 3200, but I can't seem to get it figured out.  I tried the link above, I wasn't sure which license would be needed, so I tried them all, none of them worked.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have a 3200 and an AP-125 that I'm playing around with.  I'm just trying to set up a home lab.

Thanks!

Highlighted
MVP Guru

I had to ring TAC for an eval for any Aruba controllers, they only had Eval's available for ClearPass and a few others. Might just have been our Partner account however...

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for the response.

I just gave TAC a call and they said they couldn't give me an Eval license for a 3200 because it's not supported anymore.  The guy told me to try contacting an Aruba reseller.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Hi

https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/license/GenerateEvalRegIDs.aspx

You should be able to generate eval licenses for AOS, it doesn't say if they are restricted to a certain platform.

At the same time, they have crippled the eval possibility. My company is a Platinum partner, but we only get to generate 2 eval licenses as a whole. This is of course depleted very quickly.

It would be wise to restrict 2 or 3 eval towards the same serial, not for the whole company. This might just be a bug, but it seems crippled to me.

Potential customers will be lost, when we can't generate eval licenses, and give customers the ability to try stuff out.

Highlighted
MVP Guru

This limitation for partners to generate just two evals, just like any other user, is a known. For now, please work with your channel SE to get more registration IDs for AOS evaluation licenses until the changes have been made to allow partner accounts more eval licenses.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Highlighted
New Contributor

Mosher,

Thanks for the post.

Any idea which of those licenses might work?  I went down the list trying them and I get a 'bad license' error on the 3200 with each of them.

Any ideas?

Greg

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Hi everyone, thanks for the link to generate eval licenses. I was able to successfully generate AP (JW472AAE), PEF (JW473AAE), RFProtect (JW474AAE) licenses but they are valid only for 30 days. How can I extend the expiry up to the 90-day period ?

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

Simply re-apply them another two times when they expire - 3 X 30days = 90days.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: