Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Is it possible to backup or delete data during a specific period in Airwave?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Is it possible to backup or delete data during a specific period in Airwave?

Posted Dec 04, 2018 07:10 AM

Hi,

I have a question about airwave data. Please help me.

1. Is it possible to back up data for a certain period of time?
    For example, only one month of data backup? I have been using airwave for a year and want to back up only the data of November month.

2. Can I delete data for a certain period of time?
    For example, delete the 2017 years data in airwave.

If you know how, please reply.
    Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Is it possible to backup or delete data during a specific period in Airwave?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2018 08:31 AM

In AMPSetup>General>Historical Retention seciton, you can set number of days you want to retain the data.

If Delete inactive client is set to 365 days and you want to change it to 90 days then next morning during nightly maintainence airwave will purge data which is older than 90 days.

• 3.  RE: Is it possible to backup or delete data during a specific period in Airwave?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2018 11:07 PM

There is no straight forward way where you can specify a timeline for the backup to be created.
    However, as Pavan mentioned you can change the days for the data to be stored on the server under Amp setup --> General --> Historical retention.  i.e if we give 30 days for a particular parameter it will keep data from today to past 30 days after the nightly maintenance and moving forward will store the data only for 30 days.

Regards,
    Vishnu