Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Is it true that an MST 200 will factory default after seven reboots?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Is it true that an MST 200 will factory default after seven reboots?

Posted Sep 27, 2016 06:51 PM

• 2.  RE: Is it true that an MST 200 will factory default after seven reboots?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2016 02:31 AM

You have found the factory-reset procedure:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/Aruba-AirMesh-MSR2000-Outdoor-Wireless-Mesh-Router-Password/ta-p/82216

Note that this only occurs if you are constantly rebooting the MSR/MST. During normal operations, this should not happen.

• 3.  RE: Is it true that an MST 200 will factory default after seven reboots?

Posted Sep 28, 2016 08:47 AM

Thanks very much. The article that you refered me to is great and it confirms what I have heard other say. However, the article mentions "per the user guide" and that is what I am looking for. I asked my question on this forum because I could not find supporting docs for this question. Can you point me to the actual documentation? I believe you and trust you, its just that I am trying to research this and I could really use documentation for it. Thanks

• 4.  RE: Is it true that an MST 200 will factory default after seven reboots?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 29, 2016 03:54 AM

Sure, the documentation is available from the support website:

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/11214/Default.aspx

If you download the Aruba MeshOS 4.7 User Guide, it's on page 180.

• 5.  RE: Is it true that an MST 200 will factory default after seven reboots?

Posted Sep 29, 2016 08:25 AM

Thanks very much