Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there any official documentation on changing a primary LMS IP in production?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Is there any official documentation on changing a primary LMS IP in production?

Posted Sep 02, 2014 01:55 AM

Is there any official documentation on changing a primary LMS IP in production? 

• 2.  RE: Is there any official documentation on changing a primary LMS IP in production?

Posted Sep 02, 2014 05:03 AM

what kind of documentation are you looking for? on how to do it or what the effect will be?

• 3.  RE: Is there any official documentation on changing a primary LMS IP in production?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 02, 2014 06:10 AM

From the CLI Guide,

"Note also that changing the lms-ip parameter in an AP system profile associated with an AP group will cause all APs in that AP group to reboot."

Although the outage is minimal, you should only do this during a maintenance window.

• 4.  RE: Is there any official documentation on changing a primary LMS IP in production?

Posted Sep 02, 2014 08:33 PM

Thank you for the response. 

We are aware about that AP will reboot, if any changes are made on lms or b-lms on ap system profile.

But wat is the best practice, to change the lms ip to other public wan link ip address. Should i create a new ap group with new lms ip and push all the AP's to new ap group 

OR

Simply change the lms ip adreess

OR is there any recommended method?

• 5.  RE: Is there any official documentation on changing a primary LMS IP in production?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 02, 2014 08:34 PM
    If you want all of the APs in that group to move, you can simply create a new AP system profile and then select it for that AP group.

I don’t think there’s a best practice per se.

• 6.  RE: Is there any official documentation on changing a primary LMS IP in production?

Posted Sep 02, 2014 08:39 PM

Thank you Tim,

I appreciate your time.