Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there any way to see when the last configuration changed on Aruba?

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  Is there any way to see when the last configuration changed on Aruba?

Posted May 03, 2015 01:59 AM

I want to see on my aruba controler that when was the last configuartion change was made like on cisco we can see ?

• 2.  RE: Is there any way to see when the last configuration changed on Aruba?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 03, 2015 03:56 AM

Type "show audit-trail" on the master controller to see the last time there was a global configuration change.  Type the same thing on the local controller to see when there was a change on the local controller.

• 3.  RE: Is there any way to see when the last configuration changed on Aruba?

Posted Sep 19, 2018 04:42 AM

Hi All,

Is there a report that would tell me if any configuration changes were made on any of the Aruba controllers?

For example if someone made a change, I want to be emailed as to what the change was and time etc.

Thanks,

Nisha

• 4.  RE: Is there any way to see when the last configuration changed on Aruba?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2018 05:20 AM

The post above is the only way to see that.  There is nothing built-in to email upon changes.

You should make sure that everyone has individual logins so that who changed what is clear and users have the appropriate role for their login.

• 5.  RE: Is there any way to see when the last configuration changed on Aruba?

Posted Sep 20, 2018 07:50 AM

Thanks, if i setup a trigger to alert me when there is a config mismatch through Airwave with email alert for Aruba controllers, Would this work? would this tell me if there has been any changes in config and who made the change with date and time etc?

• 6.  RE: Is there any way to see when the last configuration changed on Aruba?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2018 08:50 AM

Hi,

Configuraiton mismatch tigger will help only if it detect mismatch in configuraiton between Airwave and Controller. If device is in Good configuraiton state in Airwave and it is in monitor mode and some one tried to make changes and applied. Configuraiton will not get pushed to device and config status will shows as mismatch in Airwave and in this case it will trigger an alert but if device is in manage mode and someone pushed the config and status changed from config in progess to good after configuration get pushed to device it wont notifiy.

We can try set trigger based on event, like "Configuration verification succeeded" or In progress etc... For exacxt event you can check the event section of controller/IAP APs/Device>Monitor page during config push.

To check what config changes is been made then we need to look device-config log.

• 7.  RE: Is there any way to see when the last configuration changed on Aruba?

Posted Sep 20, 2018 08:57 AM

Thanks Pavan, in our case Airwave is used for "monitor only" mode , not for any configuration changes. Is there any settings directly on mobility controller that i can check? ideally what we would like is , if someone makes a change on master controller for myself to be notified.

• 8.  RE: Is there any way to see when the last configuration changed on Aruba?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2018 09:17 AM

You have the option of sending syslog of Audit-Trail changes to Airwave using the article here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/On-Aruba-Controller-can-only-the-audit-trail-logs-be-sent-to-the/ta-p/217255

You can then use Airwave to alert on the content of those syslog messages

• 9.  RE: Is there any way to see when the last configuration changed on Aruba?

Posted Sep 20, 2018 10:09 AM

Thank you so much, I have set this up on the  Master controller, however how do i setup  Airwave to alert on the content of those syslog messages?

Thanks,

Nisha

• 10.  RE: Is there any way to see when the last configuration changed on Aruba?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2018 10:16 AM

System > Triggers> Add> Device Events