Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Isolate SSID traffic

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Isolate SSID traffic

Posted Apr 30, 2018 06:28 PM

I'm looking to find the easiest method for isolating traffic within an SSID.  I need the clients in the SSID to talk to eachother, but I don't want them to talk to clients in other SSIDs.  The thing is I'd like to have SSID 1 and SSID 2 use the same network, so I can't make any rules/policies based on the subnet.  I'd really like to avoid making rules based on individual devices since it wouldn't be very practical.  I also don't want to make new subnets/VLANs to accomplish the isolation unless absolutely necessary.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

• 2.  RE: Isolate SSID traffic
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 30, 2018 08:07 PM

you will only be able to acheive this by using two subnets/VLANs.

• 3.  RE: Isolate SSID traffic

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 01, 2018 11:09 AM

@jhwangTOCwrote:

I'm looking to find the easiest method for isolating traffic within an SSID.  I need the clients in the SSID to talk to eachother, but I don't want them to talk to clients in other SSIDs.  The thing is I'd like to have SSID 1 and SSID 2 use the same network, so I can't make any rules/policies based on the subnet.  I'd really like to avoid making rules based on individual devices since it wouldn't be very practical.  I also don't want to make new subnets/VLANs to accomplish the isolation unless absolutely necessary.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

How would you do this if each SSID was on it's own AP? 

VLANs are probably your easiest option, so that rather than device policies/rules you can utilize vlan filters.