Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Issues after upgrading to Aruba OS 6.1.3.1 - Slow speed and mobility problems

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Issues after upgrading to Aruba OS 6.1.3.1 - Slow speed and mobility problems

Posted Sep 19, 2012 09:06 AM

Hi,

We have two Aruba 6000 controllers and around 200 AP 125 at our campus. We are having issues of very slow download speed and  issues with Roaming users while they get disconnected from APs and have to re-authenticate. 

I have few questions. If you can answer only few of those please answer. 

1. What is good SNR value? I see clients in all SNR ranges from 0 - 6. ANything can be done to improve?

2. What is Goodput? Is there any minimum acceptabel value?

3. What is Noise Floor? Any significance?

4. What is channel busy? Any acceptable values?

5. What is Interference? I see most of it between 0 - 10.

6. In potential issues section, I see Busy Channel issue with 2.4 GHz? WHat does it mean? In Low Goodput I see a lot at 2.4 Ghz and a good number at 5 GHz. ANy significance of it? 

7. For some SSIDs I see "Frame Dropped to Client" value of 17%. It seems high. Any comments? 

8. I also see some 11 - 15% for "Frame Retied from Clients". WHat is significance?

9. For APs, how many MAX clients per AP is acceptable? What is acceptable Noise Floor? 

10. For clients, I see a, g, HT. What is HT? Where do I see "n" clients?

11. Should my clients have "a", "b", "g", "n" capability? Is there any problem if a client has less capability, meaning only, b and g?

12. For APs, some APs have 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band, while some APs have only 2.4 GHz band. Why so?  

Thanks

San

• 2.  RE: Issues after upgrading to Aruba OS 6.1.3.1 - Slow speed and mobility problems

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2012 09:24 AM

I would look on the page here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/technology/reference-design-guides/

Download or look online at the document called "Optimizing Aruba WLANs for Roaming Devices"

• 3.  RE: Issues after upgrading to Aruba OS 6.1.3.1 - Slow speed and mobility problems

Posted Sep 19, 2012 09:43 AM

Thanks but there are 25 large documents. Is there a quick ref guide?

• 4.  RE: Issues after upgrading to Aruba OS 6.1.3.1 - Slow speed and mobility problems

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2012 09:49 AM

Please look at the presentations in the post here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Knowledge-Base/802-11-RF-Troubleshooting-Best-Practices/ta-p/20410

@San.234 wrote:

Thanks but there are 25 large documents. Is there a quick ref guide?

• 5.  RE: Issues after upgrading to Aruba OS 6.1.3.1 - Slow speed and mobility problems

Posted Sep 19, 2012 11:25 AM

Thanks. It looks good.

• 6.  RE: Issues after upgrading to Aruba OS 6.1.3.1 - Slow speed and mobility problems

Posted Feb 07, 2013 10:05 PM

Unfortunately I am unable to get to any of the documents on the Aruba site as I am unable to register because our controller is branded Dell (w-650). Is there any other location/way to view docs?

• 7.  RE: Issues after upgrading to Aruba OS 6.1.3.1 - Slow speed and mobility problems

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 07, 2013 10:14 PM

That login is for Airheads, not the Aruba support site.

• 8.  RE: Issues after upgrading to Aruba OS 6.1.3.1 - Slow speed and mobility problems

Posted Feb 07, 2013 10:26 PM

oooopps...so it is. Thanks.