Wireless Access

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: Issues while gaming on wireless

Wait...  These are just recommendations, but we need to know what your existing settings are before you consider changes, as they must not be made blindly.

Do you use 40mhz channels?

Do you have Broadcast Filtering Enabled on all of your Virtual APS?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
bs1
Occasional Contributor II

Posted this before I saw your last response.

The majority of our res halls are at least 40 wide. It's been a back and forth debate about keeping it this way or going 20 wide, so I need to discuss with everyone before making mass changes.

Also, I cannot for the life of me find that broadcast filter in the VAP settings. I'm sure it's right in front of me, but I'm stumped. Can you help?

Highlighted
Guru Elite

The only reason why I would consider 20 mhz channels if you already have 40mhz channels is if you are NOT using DFS and you have channel overlap on the 5ghz band.  It is certainly not a no-brainer to change to 20mhz channels.  

The knob in the virtual ap is "Drop Broadcasts and unknown multicast".

If you want to create a new post and phrase it as a poll about "what users have done for gaming", you are welcome to do so, so that higher education customers can participate and give you some ideas about what they do...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
bs1
Occasional Contributor II

Okay thanks, I found that. As of right now, it is not enabled. That will be a discussion to have with our team, as far as pros/cons and impact on other users on that SSID.

We use DFS channels throughout campus, so maybe 20 wide isn't the quick fix I was looking for. I know I saw it on various Xbox/Playstation threads that users would configure their home routers to 20 wide and would solve their 5Ghz issues. Apples and oranges between home and enterprise, but I'll consider everything at this point.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor II

Curious, has it been verified that affected gaming consoles scan for DFS channels?

Mike

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: