Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Just upgraded the firmware, can we find out the version that we upgraded from?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Just upgraded the firmware, can we find out the version that we upgraded from?

Posted Oct 15, 2015 09:14 AM

Our networking guy just updated the Aurba Operating System Software to version 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.10_51810, but I'd like to know the version that we upgraded from. Is there a way to check and see which version was previously installed?

• 2.  RE: Just upgraded the firmware, can we find out the version that we upgraded from?

Posted Oct 15, 2015 01:29 PM

Do you have airwave ? if you do then you can see this in the Event logs

2015-10-15 13_39_55-AMP-SERVER.png

• 3.  RE: Just upgraded the firmware, can we find out the version that we upgraded from?

Posted Oct 15, 2015 02:14 PM

We do have Airwave, but our trial license expired until our company pays for support so I can't really do anything in there. We do have the Aruba virtual controller, can it be checked from there?

• 4.  RE: Just upgraded the firmware, can we find out the version that we upgraded from?

Posted Oct 16, 2015 12:58 AM

"sh image version" should have a boot image (the new one) and a second image (the old one)

• 5.  RE: Just upgraded the firmware, can we find out the version that we upgraded from?

Posted Oct 16, 2015 08:20 AM

That command shows me the Backup Partition Build Version which was 6.4.2.3-4.1.2.1, so I'll assume that was the previous version.

Thanks for the help.