Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

LDAP Connection - Internal Error : Invalid response (-1)

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  LDAP Connection - Internal Error : Invalid response (-1)

Posted Apr 18, 2012 12:01 PM

Hi,

I tried the last few hours to connect our Aruba 3200 Appliance (ArubaOS 6.1.2.3) to our MS w2k8 Active Directory by using LDAP but it doesn`t work. When I use the "AAA Test Server" I get the message: 'Internal Error : Invalid response (-1)'

I use these settings:

Admin-DN: CN=Admin,OU=Users,DC=campus,DC=local

Base-DN: OU=teacher,OU=school,DC=campus,DC=local

Filter: (objectclass=person)

Key Attribute: sAMAccountName

I have no idea why this doesn't work or what's wrong with the configuration or the response. Other Systems are using an LDAP connection to our Active Directory as well. Has anyone an idea what could been the problem?
    Regards,
    Alex

• 2.  RE: LDAP Connection - Internal Error : Invalid response (-1)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 18, 2012 09:29 PM

Is the admin password correct?

• 3.  RE: LDAP Connection - Internal Error : Invalid response (-1)

Posted Apr 19, 2012 02:28 AM

Hi,

we tried the users "Admin" and "Administrator" and we got the same message. When I try to connect to another Active Directory, the same problem appeared.

Regards,

Alex

• 4.  RE: LDAP Connection - Internal Error : Invalid response (-1)
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 19, 2012 03:13 AM

Hi Alex,

This may help ;

Yesterday I was doing same Ldap integration .

I have selected  1. Preferred connection Type = clear-text   and checked the box  "allow clear -text" .   under Servers > LDAP Server in controller.

I got the same error when I tried  to check  the authentication from  Controller > dignostics > aaa server test  then I noticed the method selected was MS-CHAP-v2   for this setup PAP is required . after selecting PAP the authentication was successful.

• 5.  RE: LDAP Connection - Internal Error : Invalid response (-1)

Posted Apr 19, 2012 04:00 AM

Hi harshad,

thanks for your response. I tried it successfully and now it works. :)

Regards,

Alex

• 6.  RE: LDAP Connection - Internal Error : Invalid response (-1)

Posted Apr 22, 2013 03:51 PM

Hate commenting on a thread that is just over a year old.  Here we go.

I am having the same issues as above.  I had to change my Termination Inner EAP-Type to eap-gtc in order to get iOS devices to authenticate. However now it seems that now my Windows clients are unable to authenticate.  

When I switch the inner eap-type back back eap-mschapv2 neither can connect using 802.1x.

EDIT:  Nevermind, found my answer here... SHIM!

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Mobility-Controllers/Can-I-make-the-802-1x-authentication-Via-LDAP-server/td-p/17610