Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

LMS config queery

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  LMS config queery

Posted Mar 04, 2015 07:35 AM

Hi, have a master and backup scenario,  groups configured, some at local site, some a master.

Want to point AP's at local site to local controller and AP's at master site to master and use LMS IP settings to fail over if needed.  Seems when I change one group in AP system profile it changes them all... i'm obviously missing something ?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: LMS config queery

Posted Mar 04, 2015 07:41 AM

Hi,

Here you have configure two different AP-groups.

AP-Group 1 : LMS - MAster IP and Bkp LMS- Local IP

AP-Group 2 : LMS-Local IP and Bkp LMS - Master IP

Then provision all the APs those need to be terminated on Master with AP-Group 1 and APs those need to be terminated on Local with AP-group.

Hope got some clarity,

Pelase feel free for any further query on this.

• 3.  RE: LMS config queery

Posted Mar 04, 2015 07:44 AM

Hi Venu, the groups are already configured, problem is if I change LMS settings for one group, all the others inherit that config...

• 4.  RE: LMS config queery

Posted Mar 04, 2015 07:48 AM

Hi,

Here in both AP-groups you will keep all the configurations same except AP system profile, in AP-system profile you have to change the LMS ip and Bkp LMS ip accordingly.

For you ref :

LMS1.JPG

Please feel free for any further help on this.

• 5.  RE: LMS config queery

Posted Mar 04, 2015 07:52 AM

Venu, yes if I change LMS ip in one group it changes LMS in all the other groups also ??  what i want is half pointing to master, half pointing to backup

• 6.  RE: LMS config queery

Posted Mar 04, 2015 07:58 AM

Hi,

that is what I'm trying to explain, you know what, when we create a new AP-group that will have defailt AP-system profile hence all AP-groups by default will have default AP-system profile therefore when you change the LMS config in default AP-system profile it is effecting all the ap-group.

Create two separate AP-system profiles with different LMS and bkp LMS settings and map them to AP-groups accordingly.

Hope you got some clarity, please let me know if you need a sample config on this.

• 7.  RE: LMS config queery

Posted Mar 04, 2015 07:52 AM

Hi,

you issue is, you are mapping the default AP-system profile to both the AP-groups.

Create two AP-System profiles,

AP-system profile 1 : LMS- Master IP, Bkp LMS - Local IP

AP-System profile 2 : LMS - Local IP , Bkp LMS - MAster IP

Now map AP-System profile to AP-Group1 and AP-System profile 2 to AP-group 2

Please feel free for any further help on this.

• 8.  RE: LMS config queery

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2015 09:40 AM
    Make sure you are creating a new AP system profile.

Thanks,
    Tim