Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

LMS config queery

Hi, have a master and backup scenario,  groups configured, some at local site, some a master.

Want to point AP's at local site to local controller and AP's at master site to master and use LMS IP settings to fail over if needed.  Seems when I change one group in AP system profile it changes them all... i'm obviously missing something ?

Thanks

ACMA/ACMP
Valued Contributor II

Re: LMS config queery

Hi,

Here you have configure two different AP-groups.

AP-Group 1 : LMS - MAster IP and Bkp LMS- Local IP

AP-Group 2 : LMS-Local IP and Bkp LMS - Master IP

Then provision all the APs those need to be terminated on Master with AP-Group 1 and APs those need to be terminated on Local with AP-group.

Hope got some clarity,

Pelase feel free for any further query on this.

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
[Is my post helped you ? Give Kudos :) ]
Frequent Contributor II

Hi Venu, the groups are already configured, problem is if I change LMS settings for one group, all the others inherit that config...

ACMA/ACMP
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

Here in both AP-groups you will keep all the configurations same except AP system profile, in AP-system profile you have to change the LMS ip and Bkp LMS ip accordingly.

For you ref :

LMS1.JPG

Please feel free for any further help on this.

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

you issue is, you are mapping the default AP-system profile to both the AP-groups.

Create two AP-System profiles,

AP-system profile 1 : LMS- Master IP, Bkp LMS - Local IP

AP-System profile 2 : LMS - Local IP , Bkp LMS - MAster IP

Now map AP-System profile to AP-Group1 and AP-System profile 2 to AP-group 2

Please feel free for any further help on this.

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
Frequent Contributor II

Venu, yes if I change LMS ip in one group it changes LMS in all the other groups also ??  what i want is half pointing to master, half pointing to backup

ACMA/ACMP
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

that is what I'm trying to explain, you know what, when we create a new AP-group that will have defailt AP-system profile hence all AP-groups by default will have default AP-system profile therefore when you change the LMS config in default AP-system profile it is effecting all the ap-group.

Create two separate AP-system profiles with different LMS and bkp LMS settings and map them to AP-groups accordingly.

Hope you got some clarity, please let me know if you need a sample config on this.

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
Guru Elite

Make sure you are creating a new AP system profile.

Thanks,
Tim

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: