Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  LMS

Posted Jun 19, 2018 03:08 PM

I'm trying to fail over some access points to the primary controller.  As I understand it, you're supposed to go to AP configuration and change the LMS ip.  I have the primary ip and the secondary ip configured correctly and I reset, but the access points are not all going to the primary ip.  Some are going to the primary and some to the secondard switch ip.  Can someone help me out?  Thanks.

• 2.  RE: LMS

Posted Jun 19, 2018 03:53 PM
    Have you confirm that those APS are able to reach the controller ? Or there’s no big traffic delay in the path
    Check the amount of licenses too

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile

• 3.  RE: LMS

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 19, 2018 06:24 PM
    What is the version of your mobilitycontroller 8.x or early?

• 4.  RE: LMS
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 19, 2018 06:44 PM
    It's early. 6.4.4.10. But, I went to provision, didn't make any changes, and just "applied and reset" the offending Access Points and they are coming up on the correct controller now. So, looks like it's fixed.

Ken

• 5.  RE: LMS

Posted Jun 19, 2018 07:18 PM
    일부 ap만 변경 하려면 ap의 그룹 나누어 설정 해야합니다.기본적으로 lms-backuplms 하고 일부 ap만 별도의 그룹으로 지정하여 lms-backuplms ip를 반대로 설정 하게 되면 서로 다른 그룹이 각각 컨트롤러에 연동 되게 됩니다. 이 설정은 각 ap-group ap system profile 설정에 각각 입력 되야 합니다.

• 6.  RE: LMS

Posted Jun 26, 2018 08:33 PM

so an easier way to do this for future if you can in your environment create a vip(vrrp) on each controller. Make the vip the LMS primary and secondary. This just go to the controller and shut the vip of and ap reboots comes up.

• 7.  RE: LMS

Posted Jul 10, 2018 04:34 PM

Thanks for that suggestion, but they are not connected by layer 2.