Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Landing Page 802.1x

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Landing Page 802.1x

Posted Dec 05, 2013 08:24 AM

Is it possible without CPPM and any external services to have a user profile or other configuration on a particular 802.1x SSID to have an initial page load kind of informative so we can provide critical news?

• 2.  RE: Landing Page 802.1x

Posted Dec 05, 2013 08:36 AM

The issue with that you are doing a Layer 2 authentication (no ip address) and in order to get that page you will need an IP address first .

• 3.  RE: Landing Page 802.1x

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 05, 2013 08:39 AM

You could do this by putting the users in a captive portal role after they authenticate. Then put an "accept" or "done" button at the bottom of the page which will put them into their final access role without a captive portal.

The downside of this is that until they click that button, all they can access is that splash page (or whatever else you allow) and this process will happen every time they reconnect.

• 4.  RE: Landing Page 802.1x

Posted Dec 05, 2013 09:20 AM

When I tried this I get an error that too many redirects occurred in Safari and in Chrome this webpage has a redirect loop. I feel like I'm close but I must be missing something.

• 5.  RE: Landing Page 802.1x

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 05, 2013 09:34 AM

Try to put a different website in the welcome page URL.

• 6.  RE: Landing Page 802.1x

Posted Dec 05, 2013 09:37 AM

@cappalli wrote:

Try to put a different website in the welcome page URL.

I used one of the bundled captive portal options from the controller then got the other URL working. I guess I gave up too quickly. Now I'm trying to determine if I have the access to the redirected URL to create the embedded login form or to add the accept button. It may be all for not. I'd hate to have users stuck in the splash screen.

• 7.  RE: Landing Page 802.1x

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 05, 2013 09:39 AM
    You would need to upload a custom form with a dummy user account embedded
    and the username / password fields hidden.

• 8.  RE: Landing Page 802.1x

Posted Jan 13, 2014 12:23 PM

Hi Rosie,

I'm trying to get this same situation to work for me. I'm getting "This webpage has a redirect loop" in Chrome? How did you get this work for you?

Regards,

Tony Marques

• 9.  RE: Landing Page 802.1x

Posted Jan 13, 2014 12:58 PM

@tmarques wrote:

Hi Rosie,

I'm trying to get this same situation to work for me. I'm getting "This webpage has a redirect loop" in Chrome? How did you get this work for you?

Regards,

Tony Marques

I'll have to look for my notes. I think ultimately was to define the l3 captive portal settings to put to the redirect url and then assign the captive portal to the user-role. I never finished the project since the inquiry request was recinded from the source.

• 10.  RE: Landing Page 802.1x

Posted Dec 12, 2014 06:49 PM

Pretty old post but I just ran across this real quick with a test web login I'm doing in ClearPass.  My issue was the ACL assigned to the user role to allow access to ClearPass didn't have the new test URL I had just setup.  Once I made sure the ACL allowed the proper traffic it connected without issue.