Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Later ArubaOS Inventory & ControllerSummary Screenshots

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Later ArubaOS Inventory & ControllerSummary Screenshots

Posted Jul 05, 2012 08:38 AM

Could someone post screenshots of Controller Summary and Inventory screens in Web UI for AOS 5.x or above?   Trying to establish if you see more detailed information including licenses installed  if my customer upgrades his ageing OS version.  See older screenshots attached.

inventory.png

contsumm.png

• 2.  RE: Later ArubaOS Inventory & ControllerSummary Screenshots

Posted Jul 05, 2012 02:40 PM

Hi,

You do see more info on the screen.  They have also consolidate the screens.  I think your customer should upgrade anyway, not just because of the info available on the Inventory screen. :)

-Mike

• 3.  RE: Later ArubaOS Inventory & ControllerSummary Screenshots

Posted Jul 05, 2012 11:15 PM

From the two screens you show "Controller Summary" and "Inventory"; you are not going to see a whole lot different other than the newer features that are supported in 5.x and 6.x; however in 6.x there is now a Dashboard page which will displays alot of useful client and AP information.     I wouldn't purely recommend you upgrade your customer to see more information on those two particular screens, but rather consider the newer features and enhancements in 5.x and especially 6.x that would make the upgrade worthwhile.   The changes to 6.x are typically an easy sell for an upgrade from 3.4.x......although make sure you read the release notes about an "upgrade hop" when going to 6.x from versions earlier than than 3.4.4.1 (which from your screenshot you are).....or 5.0.3.1 on the 5.x train.