Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

Legacy 802.11b

Hello to all

I have a network with 3400 parent and want to remove the legacy 802.11b.
My question is, I just removing basic rates 1, 2, 5 and 11 (DSSS) 802.11g I can already guarantee that these devices will not connect over the network? Unchecking these fees I have to enable the other, such as 6, 9, 12 ... If I disable these basic rates will not interfere with the other protocols? as 802.11g, n.
I saw some threads about it but never became clear.
It is also important to clear the transmission rates below 6?

Thanks!

Re: Legacy 802.11b

You are correct.  Just make sure 6 and 12 are ticked off.  on BOTH transmit AND basic rates.

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos

- Removing those should not allow the .11b wireless to connect 

- You should enable air fairness

- Make sure you test this before you implement it globally since some .11n don't behave properly when you remove the lower data rates specially in a roaming event.

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Frequent Contributor I

So to ban legacy devices and allow everyone else to G, N can put my rates table as the basic annexed?
The issue of roaming devices with low  rate in N really is a case to analyze, thanks for the reminder. Now if I leave the legacy and only prevent some transmission rates degrade the environment can only limit the transmission in any of above 6?

Thx

Occasional Contributor I

Hey there,

How do i get to the Basic rate page option ? I have been souring the GUI for the function but to no avail.

*I am using IAP 225

Thanks

Guru Elite

Under the SSID profile on the advanced tab. ( Configuration > All Profiles > Wireless LAN > SSID)

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: