Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

License Issues

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  License Issues

Posted Sep 11, 2020 02:29 AM
      |   view attached

Hey all!

Just loaded 8.6.0.5 on a 7008. Controller is setup in standalone mode. On the web GUI I have no License page. I manually added (via the CLI "license add..." command) an AP count license and a PEFNG license. after adding the PEFNG license it mentioned something about enabling the feature. Tried to enter the command referenced in the licensing guide about enabling it on standalone controllers, but it throws an error about only being allowed on the mm. A "show license client-table" shows the FeatureBit for PEF module as "disabled".

So two questions. One - why is there no license page on my standalone controller? Two - how do I enable the FeatureBit for the PEF license (or do I even need to?)?

TIA!

• 2.  RE: License Issues

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Sep 11, 2020 03:38 AM

Within the GUI on a Standalone, you need to be at the ' Mobility Controller' level, not the '

'Mobility Controller > [Controller Name]'  level to view the licenses. From here you can enable the feature bit. If you need to do it on a CLI you can also do the following:

license-pool-profile-root
        pefng-licenses-enable
    !

• 3.  RE: License Issues

Posted Sep 11, 2020 10:09 AM
      |   view attached

That's part of what I'm saying. It's throwing an error that it has to be on the mobility master (even though it's configured as standalone). See attached.

• 4.  RE: License Issues
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 11, 2020 10:53 AM
      |   view attached

Ok, found it (attached)...it moved around a bit...