Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

License Transfer

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  License Transfer

Posted Nov 11, 2012 10:54 AM

Hi,

my customer want to connect all his APs (61 model) to new controller (6000 running 6.1.3.1) he wants to transfer all his old certificates from the old controllers to the new  controller, the customer does not have the certificate numbers ? and I am not the one who installed the old licenses.

1- will AP 61 work fine with AOS 6.1.3.1

2- can I transfer the licenses which exist in old controllers using the serial number of the old controllers (knowing that I will use my account which is not the one who activitaed the old licenses for the old controllers) ?

• 2.  RE: License Transfer

Posted Nov 11, 2012 07:21 PM

Hello Abi

Answering your first question it should work, let me get the link im sure i read it...

For the second quetion im almost sure you can transfer licesnse form a controller to another... you can always open a support case and they will tell you the steps for this....

• 3.  RE: License Transfer
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 11, 2012 07:26 PM

AP-61 will be supported through AOS 6.3.0.  See End of Sales notice at:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/end-of-life-products#AccessPoints

Transfers depend on the controllers.  If the old controller is a 200 / 800 / 2400 / SC1 / SC2 you cannot transfer the licenses to the new controllers (6x0 / 3x00 / M3).

If they are transferable someone from your customer will need to log into the LMS ( https://licensing.arubanetworks.com/ )and transfer the licenses.  You may also be able to call TAC.

• 4.  RE: License Transfer

Posted Nov 11, 2012 07:27 PM

Here is a link were Collin confirm this will work

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Access-Points-and-Mesh-Routers/ArubaOS-6-1-3-support-for-AP-61/td-p/26736

Btw MArcus thats a great link

Thanks for sharing it!

• 5.  RE: License Transfer
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 12, 2012 07:32 AM

Good information on the compabilitiy issue. As for the license transfers - it will not be permitted between legacy and newer gear through the LMS. You may want to speak with your Aruba SE and see if there is anything that can be worked out.

• 6.  RE: License Transfer

Posted Nov 12, 2012 02:17 PM

Thank you all.

So from 2400 to 6000 is not possible, we need Aruba intervention.

cheers

• 7.  RE: License Transfer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 12, 2012 04:22 PM

@Abi wrote:

Thank you all.

So from 2400 to 6000 is not possible, we need Aruba intervention.

cheers

That intervention requires the purchase of new licenses.  The license structure is different and licenses cannot be transferred between 2400 and 6000.