Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Licenses being used on Aruba 6000 controllers/Not appearing for provisioning

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Licenses being used on Aruba 6000 controllers/Not appearing for provisioning

Posted Aug 27, 2014 10:10 AM

Hey Gurus,

My company has two Aruba 6000 controllers. They both used to service all of our sites redundantly, however, they have been segregated into two masters for two separate sites. This was done by an outside contractor so I didn't have anything to do with the process. We have recently been expanding, and it looks like the contractor didn't remove the APs from the controller that was moved to the second location. These APs he didn't remove are no longer going to be serviced by that controller. Will having those present on the controller use up our licenses that are designated for that controller? The reason I'm asking is that we've been expanding and have been adding new APs. I'm now not seeing any of our new APs coming up to be provisioned, even though there is no routing or communication issues(I've confirmed this through various means.) A few days ago I was able to plug APs directly into the same switch port using the cables, and they came up to be provisioned. We've installed a couple others in different locations since then and that makes me think we've exceed our licenses which is why these aren't coming up now.

Any help is appreicated ladies and gents!

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Licenses being used on Aruba 6000 controllers/Not appearing for provisioning

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 27, 2014 10:32 AM

You can go to Monitoring --> All access points and clear out the old APs no longer associated anymore.

• 3.  RE: Licenses being used on Aruba 6000 controllers/Not appearing for provisioning

Posted Aug 27, 2014 10:38 AM

Thanks for the quick response. I'm in the process of doing that now :)

Do the APs that aren't associated anymore use up licenses?

• 4.  RE: Licenses being used on Aruba 6000 controllers/Not appearing for provisioning

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 27, 2014 10:39 AM

Can you send the output of show license?

• 5.  RE: Licenses being used on Aruba 6000 controllers/Not appearing for provisioning

Posted Aug 27, 2014 11:59 AM

Here's the output of show license:

License Table
    -------------
    Key Installed Expires Flags Service Type
    --- --------- ------- ----- ------------
    w/OQxZnR-JvAUlTm6-l6vc5oC9-q3yC5ofx-qVoanTId-iYk 2012-07-12 Never E Next Generation Policy Enforcement Firewall Module: 512
    07:39:26
    HvVcZUu/-/psmwqNb-drc7s0It-svi5A4lz-bbuXMnuN-qc4 2012-07-12 Never E RF Protect: 512
    07:39:42
    xTM8XSB6-24Ia1XgN-tdXkVAEW-BYSSQO0U-wB1BCjRn-Av8 2012-07-12 Never E Access Points: 512
    07:39:57

License Entries: 3

Flags: A - auto-generated; E - enabled; R - reboot required to activate

• 6.  RE: Licenses being used on Aruba 6000 controllers/Not appearing for provisioning
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 27, 2014 10:41 AM
    No, only APs that are currently active on a controller will consume licenses.

• 7.  RE: Licenses being used on Aruba 6000 controllers/Not appearing for provisioning

Posted Aug 27, 2014 11:57 AM

Okay, that's why I needed to know. Thanks.