Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Licensing and Reports

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Licensing and Reports

Posted Apr 12, 2012 03:17 PM

Two questions;

Is it possible for AMP to push or update controller licenses for either Aruba or Cisco vendors?  I know you can update and push controller firmware and code, can't seem to find the option for licensing in AMP.

Also has anyone had any trouble generating the Daily Licensing reports.  We have two Aruba controllers (1 Master 1 Local) that are licensed but when generating the daily reports, the Licensing report come back blank.  If anyone can shed some light would be much appreciative.

• 2.  RE: Licensing and Reports

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 12, 2012 06:19 PM

1.  You cannot push licenses to devices

2.  Make sure that, in addition to SNMP variable, you also have the correct username, password and enable configured for that device.

If you can run controller and user commands, you should be able to get a licensing report.

• 3.  RE: Licensing and Reports

Posted Apr 13, 2012 09:45 AM

#2 I know that is why I am a little confused about why these reports are generating blank,  When I run the Daily Device and Network Usage reports I get detailed statement on the Controllers, APs, and Switches.

Thanks for your help and I will keep truckin away at it!

• 4.  RE: Licensing and Reports

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2012 09:47 AM

@MiMoNerd86 wrote:

#2 I know that is why I am a little confused about why these reports are generating blank,  When I run the Daily Device and Network Usage reports I get detailed statement on the Controllers, APs, and Switches.

Thanks for your help and I will keep truckin away at it!

So, you can get 90 to 95% of reports via just the SNMP read.  The licensing report requires username/password enable to retrieve.

• 5.  RE: Licensing and Reports

Posted Apr 16, 2012 11:42 AM

Actually the license report uses license data from SNMP, not the CLI (although in Airwave 7.5 we also use data from the "show license limits" CLI command).

The license report has a default threshold of 80%, so it will only show licenses that are nearing capacity. Try editing the report definition to a lower threshold. In Airwave 7.5, this threshold has been made optional and is empty by default.

• 6.  RE: Licensing and Reports

Posted Apr 17, 2012 01:24 PM

Thank you both, unfortunately I tried adjusting the Capacity Threshold using the values of 0, 1, 10, 40, 80 (default), and 100.  The report was still unable to generate any license information.

We are currently submitting a TAC into Aruba support on this subject, but if anyone else has any ideas please share.

Once again thanks!

• 7.  RE: Licensing and Reports

Posted Apr 18, 2012 12:52 PM

Just to anyone following updated, we just talked to Aruba Networks about the Licensing Reorts.  They can not confirm quite yet, but it appears to be a possible bug in AirWave version 7.4.2.

Will post once confirmed,

Cheers!

• 8.  RE: Licensing and Reports
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 25, 2012 03:37 PM

It turns out that after spending some time with Aruba support it has been deemed the following answers to the problem;

AMP licensing report only works on aruba devices

AMP licensing report only works on devices running on 5.x.x.x code or higher.

I hope this may helps for future troubles for anyone, and also thanks again for the replies.

Peace,