Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Limited or No Connectivity

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Limited or No Connectivity

Posted Dec 12, 2012 05:26 AM

Laptops users in our organization are not able to connect to LAN. They are getting Limited or No Connectivity. Also, the IP address is not being acquired by the Laptops.

If I switch there machines to wired LAN, they are happily connected to the LAN.

Need assistance.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Limited or No Connectivity

Posted Dec 12, 2012 06:03 AM

are you using aruba or another vendor?

how is the WLAN configured? open / pre-shared key / username?

i assume they are able to connect to it, but they dont get an IP, well then you should look into what device should give them an IP and why that isn't happening. could be tons of reasons, perhaps they even should configure a static IP, doubtful, but we dont run your network.

• 3.  RE: Limited or No Connectivity

Posted Dec 12, 2012 08:43 AM

We need more information...

Like how you have it set it up

Is the WC routing? or its a core routing?

Where is the DHCP server?

please we need more info so we can help you

• 4.  RE: Limited or No Connectivity

Posted Dec 12, 2012 10:39 PM

We are using a  3400 Aruba Controller configured to use Microsoft Network Policy Server (NPS) for authentication. I have checked the logs on the NPS server. I could see a successful connection entry in the logs. I also couldn't locate any problems in DHCP like address pool depeletion etc.

How can I know if it is a WC routing or a core routing plz. Our Vendor had configured the controller.

This issue is prevalent only in one out of our many VLAN's.

Please let me know if you need further info.

• 5.  RE: Limited or No Connectivity

Posted Dec 12, 2012 10:45 PM

Okay

Do you know which are the vlans of the wireles you using ?

if you do, do you see if that vlan is trunked to a switch in the uplink port? and also do you see if hte interface vlan is created on your core? i mean of that network

If your aruba partner configured and never worked correctly they should fix it without charge... at least that how our company works as we are Aruba partner also.

Just my 2 cents

• 6.  RE: Limited or No Connectivity

Posted Dec 12, 2012 11:12 PM

Everything was working fine until yesterday. It was only yesterday that my wireless clients were facing this issue.

• 7.  RE: Limited or No Connectivity

Posted Dec 12, 2012 11:20 PM

Still we dont have a clear view of what you got...

If your Core swtich or another L3 switch is routing you could check if the iphelper is there correctly configured.

If the core switch or the switch were you plugged the WC had a trunk which is trunking the WLAN vlans rebooted and you didnt save the config it might have loose the configuration of the trunk and thats why you not getting anything(this happened to a client of mine actually, with their captive portal)

It could be many things but we would need to know how is set  up otherwise it will be really hard for us knowing or try to help you...

We need to know how its set up, it is a good chance that your Wireless solution is not the problem... it could be a problem maybe on your switces like a vlan tag missing... a missing ip helper... etc.

If you can give us more info we might be able to help you.... i mean more info about how is it setup like who is routing, basic information like that, do the ip helper is correctly configured for example in the core switch?