Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Limiting bandwidth past user-roles

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Limiting bandwidth past user-roles

Posted Sep 21, 2017 11:25 AM

For our guest wireless I have 100mb user-role, that once youv'e accepted the captive portal, you share the 100mb with the rest of the users.

My question is, can I then rate each user to 5mbps within the 100mb user-role?

• 2.  RE: Limiting bandwidth past user-roles

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Sep 21, 2017 11:38 AM

You can enable a per user limit in the role. So you could give each user 5mb. I assume this is a controller based deployment? If so see below.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64x_WebHelp/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/Firewall_Roles/User_Roles.htm#firewall_roles_981653125_1048695

You can assign a bandwidth contract to provide an upper limit to upstream or downstream bandwidth utilized by clients in this role. You can select the Per User option to apply the bandwidth contracts on a per-user basis instead of to all clients in the role.

• 3.  RE: Limiting bandwidth past user-roles

Posted Sep 21, 2017 01:30 PM

Is it possible to limit per user and have an overall cap? This link is just telling me I can do EITHER role, group, or user