Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

List blacklisted users via snmp?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  List blacklisted users via snmp?

Posted Aug 21, 2014 04:18 PM

Does anyone know the OID (or does it exist) that can list the blacklisted users on a controller via snmp?

• 2.  RE: List blacklisted users via snmp?

Posted Aug 21, 2014 04:27 PM
    wlsxTrapStationBlackListReason

• 3.  RE: List blacklisted users via snmp?

Posted Aug 21, 2014 04:45 PM

Perhaps I'm not doing things correclty but this does not return a list of blacklisted users....???

Idealy what I'd like it to return the list of all blacklisted MAC addresses on a controller.

• 4.  RE: List blacklisted users via snmp?

Posted Aug 21, 2014 04:53 PM

2014-08-21 16_52_59-ftp___ftp.afina.es_Aruba_Docu_ArubaOS_Aruba_OS_6.1_ArubaOS_6.1MG.pdf.png

• 5.  RE: List blacklisted users via snmp?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 21, 2014 05:08 PM

@kslate wrote:

Perhaps I'm not doing things correclty but this does not return a list of blacklisted users....???

Idealy what I'd like it to return the list of all blacklisted MAC addresses on a controller.

kslate,

Those are snmp traps, so they will only send a trap when an individual user is blacklisted, at the time the user is blacklisted;  It will not send a list.  The only other way to get that information is to log into the controller and type "show ap blacklist-clients".  If you can script that, that is probably the best way to obtain that list.

• 6.  RE: List blacklisted users via snmp?

Posted Aug 22, 2014 08:23 AM

I wrote an expect script that does this but I was hoping for an easy way for our helpdesk people to do a quck blacklist client lookup. An snmp poll would have allowed me to do a snmpwalk (backended) web page that would have given them that status on the fly. It would have just simplified the process.

Thanks for the responses.

• 7.  RE: List blacklisted users via snmp?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2014 08:24 AM
    Kslate,

If you are willing to share that script, I am sure that the community would appreciate it #mhc

• 8.  RE: List blacklisted users via snmp?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 27, 2014 02:46 PM
      |   view attached

Attached is the script to grab blacklisted clients from the Aruba controllers. (It also can set and remove them.)  

Notes:  

- It is a perl expect script so the expect sections dealing with the controllers may have to be altered to fit your controllers. Case counts so make sure things match or you won't get anywhere.  

- The @hosts section will need to be changed to fit each environment as well as the if statements for each host. It was done this way for two reasons. 1.) it makes it easy to change the credentials used to log into each controller (even though that is not shown in the script). 2.) I was getting odd ouput at times if I tried to do this entire set of controllers in one loop. I "think" it has something to do with the way expect handles getting the output from a sent command ( expect-> before() )? But I'd love to know the real reason(?).  

- The default running of the script will print out the blacklisted clients on all controllers. Every once in a while the output for a controller is not listed and I get "no paging" printed out instead. If you run it again it seems to print out correclty. I'm not sure if this is a timing issue or yet another case of the expect -> before() not working as I expect? I'd love to know the answer to this one too.  

- The orginal file had a .pl file extension but the site would not allow me to upload it with that extension.

- Run it with a -h switch to get usage:    aruba-blacklist.pl -h  

Attachment(s)

txt
    aruba-blacklist.txt   12 KB 1 version