Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

List/ count clients by band

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  List/ count clients by band

Posted Mar 16, 2012 04:50 PM

Hey guys,

Looking for a way to get a count of how many clients are using the 2.4Ghz band vs. the 5Ghz band in our environment.  Couldn't find anything in the command line reference or the guide.

We are using 5.0.4.5.  (If such a command exists, do we run it on the master or each individual local controller?)

I tried making a report on the master controller but the numbers it spits back for the search criteria don't seem to match up with active clients overall (plus a command line way would be better).

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: List/ count clients by band
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 16, 2012 05:03 PM

Short answer  

1. Airwave has a stock report and analysis for this :)

Longer answer

2.  From the controller, please issue:  

show user-table phy-type a    (for 5 GHz clients)

show user-table phy-type g    (for 2.4 GHz clients)

• 3.  RE: List/ count clients by band

Posted Sep 07, 2018 03:03 PM

Hi,

Any idea about how to do an Airwave report that show me just 4 or 5 things:

• Username,
    • MAC (of user)
    • On what APs (name) was connected last 5 times.
    • if is the MAC is "phy a" o "phy g" or both (to check if we can update the nic firmware/driver to support "n" if this helps)
    • Optionally the OS of the user.

of  legacy (not 802.11n, 802.11ac) devices?

I want to be proactive telling that users that our network will be "green field" (no legacys) and need to update the driver or change the NIC to get connected before I disable "Basic and Transmit Rates" (change our WLAN to in the wizard from "Compatibility" to "High Performance").

Best Regards.