Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

List of Regional Domains where the AP works

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  List of Regional Domains where the AP works

Posted Sep 29, 2013 11:36 AM

Hello Aruba Guys

Do you have a list somehwere where it tell you in which regional domain  does your ap  works?

For example i got a client which got AP 175, AP 135, AP 92 and when i upgraded it to 6.1.3.9 heh they all went to air monitor....

I saw that on 6.1.3.10 they added 175P to our country but not the otheres yet...

Its this a bug? does all the APS should work in all the countries? is there anything the partner need to do in the country to make it work? can you guys clarify this? why does some APS does not work in some regional domains like in my country?

Cheers

Carlos

#AP135

• 2.  RE: List of Regional Domains where the AP works

Posted Sep 29, 2013 01:00 PM

As each new AP is released, it must go regulatory domain approval in each region.   Each region has different requirements, and different timelines to complete testing, so your mileage will vary as far as APs being supported in a given region initially.  Over time, there should be MORE countries/regions added though, not less.

Which country/region(s) are you most interested in ?   ..and we can discuss some background.  

JF

• 3.  RE: List of Regional Domains where the AP works

Posted Sep 29, 2013 01:03 PM

The Country is Panama

Is there a list of aps that are aproved for each country or something like that?

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: List of Regional Domains where the AP works
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 29, 2013 01:10 PM

We do have these listings available internally (they change all the time as new tests/test results/paperwork is processed).

Instead of a public posting of this information, please note the Datasheets on most of our APs  indicate:  

"For more country-specific regulatory information and approvals, please see your Aruba representative"

JF

• 5.  RE: List of Regional Domains where the AP works

Posted Sep 29, 2013 02:36 PM

Okay ill ask them.. i remenber they gave us a link which it tell that to us... but when i tried using it again... the link was broken...

Not the best solution but will have to use another regulatory domain so the APS wont go to air monitor

Cheers

Carlos

• 6.  RE: List of Regional Domains where the AP works

Posted Sep 29, 2013 05:42 PM

Hi Carlos

Agreed, not the best solution as you say.   Should be easy enough to track Panama in the scheme of things for your local SE contact.

I had a quick peek at the page internally this afternoon.

I see for Panama that  AP-93, AP-105, AP-125, AP-175P are all on the list of tested products.     (AP-135 is absent, as-is AP-225 at this point).   That would mean that if they aren't in current code, they shouldn't be far off.

You'll want to work with your local/in-region SE to coordinate on that

JF

• 7.  RE: List of Regional Domains where the AP works

Posted Sep 29, 2013 05:54 PM

not to mention

AP 104,92,134 are all absend :P ah yeah the RAP 109 as well...

No fair!

• 8.  RE: List of Regional Domains where the AP works

Posted Sep 29, 2013 07:56 PM

I would ask your local SE to keep you updated on new platform certification and progress in this area... sure they would be happy to.

JF

• 9.  RE: List of Regional Domains where the AP works

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 30, 2013 12:55 AM

Note that the list of supported countries per AP (and controller, etc.) is also available on a public website: https://pctools.arubanetworks.com/compliance/. BTW, even if the status on this list is "approved", a minimum software version may be needed to enable operation when configured for a particular country code.

Unfortunately Panama is not currently on the list of "Aruba core countries", meaning that Aruba will not "automatically" take steps to obtain the necessary certifications to allow shipping and selling new products there. This is handled on a per-product basis and driven by specific opportunities and business case.

/Onno Harms, Aruba.

• 10.  RE: List of Regional Domains where the AP works

Posted Sep 30, 2013 01:00 AM

Thanks for the link Oharms!

Guess i need to work to make it platinum partner somehow so Aruba get automatically the certification for my country... :P

Cheers

Carlos