Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Logging to Barracuda Web Filter - Not getting IP address

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Logging to Barracuda Web Filter - Not getting IP address

MVP
    Posted Jul 15, 2017 12:27 PM

Trying to configure Syslog from the Aruba Controller to a Barracuda Web Filter. We need to be able to send the username and IP address on successful authentications in order for the web filter to receive a login event, and update the username/IP in it's active sessions. We are getting successful authentications in the logs for the controller, but the IP address is always showing as 0.0.0.0. I assume this is because the log is generated upon authentication success/failure and not after DHCP takes place. Is there any way to generate a log that has Username=*username* and IP=*ip address* in that format. I was able to have it show "ipv4=*ip address*" by using the security category instead of user, but it doesn't accept that format. 

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Logging to Barracuda Web Filter - Not getting IP address

Posted Jul 15, 2017 02:14 PM
    Can the barracuda use the accounting information from the controller instead of using logging

Get Outlook for iOS

• 3.  RE: Logging to Barracuda Web Filter - Not getting IP address

MVP
    Posted Jul 15, 2017 03:25 PM

I'm not really familiar with the Barracuda, so I'm not sure, but we did work with Barracuda support yesterday and they made no mention, only syslog. Their documentation for Ruckus, Aerohive, and another WLAN was all syslog configurations also. Of course they didnt have an Aruba guide, but states it's supported.