Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Looking for setup and config help from an Aruba rockstar

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Looking for setup and config help from an Aruba rockstar

Posted Mar 11, 2014 01:25 AM

Setting up an office with ~20 IAPs (115s and 225s), plus AirWave and ClearPass. No full time IT staff to set this up or manage it, and we don't have time to waste going through the learning curve if we can easily find someone to help us get it right, from the start.

If you can help us with best practices, manage the setup and config of the AP network, then drop me a private message... competent network engineers here, just new to the platform.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Looking for setup and config help from an Aruba rockstar

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 11, 2014 03:18 AM

For AirWave, it's as easy as following the Installation Guide.  Install should take about 30 minutes, then an additional 10 minutes to setup and configure some of the specifics - these specifics are in the Getting Started guide.

For all components as a whole, it'd probably be best if you talked to your regional Aruba Sales Engineer (or local Aruba Partner) since they have experience setting up all of the above and can help with the deployment design scenario.

• 3.  RE: Looking for setup and config help from an Aruba rockstar

Posted Mar 11, 2014 03:48 AM

Hi there,

I agree with Rob in the main.

Imparting all best practices on here would be somewhat overbalanced, and you'd be overwhelmed with info that as you say, you probably don't have time to review in detail.

The Instant APs are fairly easy to setup, and are engineered to be so. We could point you at some quick guides and Youtube videos but I'm not sure that's going to help your journey.

The Airwave is again pretty easy to install, but getting it to deliver as you need depends on what you expect.

Clearpass is a different matter. It's a great product, but for the novice, it can be quite intimidating.

If you're in the UK/Europe region, my company can help you with services (Aruba service partner). If you're in another region, just speak to your Aruba rep or favourite Aruba partner locally?

• 4.  RE: Looking for setup and config help from an Aruba rockstar

Posted Mar 11, 2014 04:52 AM

https://ase.arubanetworks.com/solutions

This site might be able to get you pointed in the right direction.

• 5.  RE: Looking for setup and config help from an Aruba rockstar

Posted Mar 11, 2014 02:42 PM

Thanks for the pointers guys... actually looking to hire a contractor to do the work.