Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Lost services in case of Master controller going down ?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Lost services in case of Master controller going down ?

Posted Nov 06, 2015 11:38 AM

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if there is a list of all features that are unavailable during a crash of the master controller (supposing there is no redundancy) 

So far I could only think of :

- Mostly of configuration changes not available

- Aigroup domains controllers won't synchronize their mdns tables

Anything else ?

• 2.  RE: Lost services in case of Master controller going down ?

Posted Nov 06, 2015 01:07 PM

How are you handling authentications?

If I remember correctly, in the RADIUS config we were using, Locals passed requests up to Master to present to the RADIUS server. Not sure how well that failed over when Master was offline - I probably just had is misconfigured ;)

• 3.  RE: Lost services in case of Master controller going down ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 06, 2015 01:08 PM

msabin, are you sure?  Radius request should be coming directly from each NAS.

• 4.  RE: Lost services in case of Master controller going down ?

Posted Nov 06, 2015 01:12 PM

No, I'm not sure.

It's been a while since we rearranged everything (from Master-Local to lots of Masters), and at that time we switched from AD credentials to certificates, so I fixed a whole heap of bad configuration.

• 5.  RE: Lost services in case of Master controller going down ?

Posted Nov 06, 2015 01:22 PM
    I know there's a way with instant using dynamix radius proxy to forward all auth requests to VC, i don't know if this is a feature on AOS, maybe you were proxying radius req to master ?