Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Low Speed,health & Goodput Issue

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Low Speed,health & Goodput Issue

Posted Dec 11, 2014 04:21 PM
      |   view attached

I have been facing issues with some clients in a particular coverage area of AP-105 with controller 650.In a particular conference room area suddenly all communication over laptops got stuck with no ping responses and application gets unresponsive.

Attached snapshot for reference.Anybody suggest the root cause and the solution

• 2.  RE: Low Speed,health & Goodput Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 11, 2014 11:07 PM

It could be a number of things.  If all clients dropped at the same time, it could indicate interference; we do not have enough evidence to say....  Since this is the 2.4ghz band, it is quite possible.  To see what else you can do to possibly deal with bottlenecks, please see the article here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Technology-Blog/Removing-the-Bottleneck-in-Wireless/ba-p/77978

• 3.  RE: Low Speed,health & Goodput Issue

Posted Dec 12, 2014 06:13 AM

@cjoseph wrote:

It could be a number of things.  If all clients dropped at the same time, it could indicate interference; we do not have enough evidence to say....  Since this is the 2.4ghz band, it is quite possible.  To see what else you can do to possibly deal with bottlenecks, please see the article here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Technology-Blog/Removing-the-Bottleneck-in-Wireless/ba-p/77978

Dear Joseph,

Not all clients dropped at the same time.Infact clients shown connected to particular SSID but can't avail services i-e no ICMP responses for a short interval and gets resume after some time.Snap attached was taken at that point of time.

Although, it was faced in a particular coverage area and when client move to another AP coverage,service get normalized.

• 4.  RE: Low Speed,health & Goodput Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 12, 2014 06:17 AM
    Mdsaeed82,

That still does not rule out interference.

There are a great deal of factors that would contribute to your issue, and there is little known about your environment. To resolve thus as quickly as possible, please open a TAC case in parallel so that they can get your information and advise you. Did you read the article at the link above? There is not always a quick solution to the issue you describe.

• 5.  RE: Low Speed,health & Goodput Issue

Posted Dec 12, 2014 06:43 AM

@cjoseph wrote:
    Mdsaeed82,

That still does not rule out interference.

There are a great deal of factors that would contribute to your issue, and there is little known about your environment. To resolve thus as quickly as possible, please open a TAC case in parallel so that they can get your information and advise you. Did you read the article at the link above? There is not always a quick solution to the issue you describe.

I have read the article and enabled "Drop Broadcast and Multicast" option.

Hope it works for me

• 6.  RE: Low Speed,health & Goodput Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 12, 2014 06:45 AM

mdsaeed82,

What kind of access points do you have deployed in that location?

How many users do you have on your WLAN at peak time?

Do you only have issues at that specific location?

• 7.  RE: Low Speed,health & Goodput Issue

Posted Dec 12, 2014 06:56 AM

@cjoseph wrote:

mdsaeed82,

What kind of access points do you have deployed in that location?

How many users do you have on your WLAN at peak time?

Do you only have issues at that specific location?

We have deployed AP-105 (2 Nos) with 650 Controller.

One that Particular AP in a peak time I guess Max number of users will be 10-12 but this issue pop up at any time i-e not at a peak time.

Yes Most of the time got complaints from that specific area users which is actually a open mini conference room.